1:5 Shengqi Hummer/F-150

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer thanks, thats where I have to get them from right now. I was hoping to be able to find another source in the UK maybe.

Last edited:
starting it up

Hey everyone,

I tried to start my shengqi for the first time yesturday. had the throttle open, kept pulling and nothing, closed the throttle and still nothing. This is new to me, so not sure what I am doing wrong. Would like to break in the motor this weekend. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

To start the truck put fuel in the tank. Pump the primer ball on the carb until you see fuel in the primer ball. Then turn the choke on. Pull the pull start until you here the engine try to start. Then turn off the choke and pull the pull startt again until the truck starts. Boost bottle should not have fuel in them. If the truck is not start take the plug out and hook it to the spark plug wire. press the bottom of the plug to the top of the engine. then watch the tip of the spark plug and pull the starter cord and make sure you are getting a spark. Also make sure you have not flooded the engine. Make sure the plug end is not to wet.

electronics not working

Hey all. I got my truck broken in alright. I needed a new battery pack, so I thought I did my research, and two local hobby shops told my it would be fine to put in the 5000mah 7.2 volt pack. I think this fried my receiver pack. Have the JR3 135. was it true what they said, it is fine. Or have I got bad advise, and should have put it a 6v pack. It shut off when using it yesturday. now nothing happens when you turn it on, not power to servos or receiver pack.

thanks.

There is a good and a bad here.

The good is that the R-135 has a BEC. This means that it did not allow the voltage to get to your electronics. This saved your servos.

The bad is that yes, it burnt your receiver.

Your R-135 receiver is equipped with Battery Eliminator
Circuitry (BEC). The receiver gets its power from the model’s
Ni-Cd battery pack, thus saving the weight of an additional
receiver battery. Ni-Cd batteries from 4.8–8.4V (4–7 cells)
can be used safely. Higher voltage packs may damage the
receiver and servos.

Note: When using a separate receiver Ni-Cd as
a power source, the operating voltage range
is 4.8–6.0V (4- to 5-cell).

If you bought this new and within the last 3 years you can try sending it in to JR and see if they will repair it for you under warranty?
JR Warranty

Another note. If you get it repaired or buy a new one. Make sure you use a "Y" connector between your battery and your servos. This will allow the full 6V to the servos, bypass the recievers BEC and you will see a huge difference.

th_Yharness.jpg

Last edited:
first off sorry for bumping an old thread (I'll try not to do so in future) but I need to ask a few questions. I have this truck on order (but I have the ford F150 shell) and I'm looking for tuned pipe that I can fit without cutting the shell (And if possible one that installs easily)

first off sorry for bumping an old thread (I'll try not to do so in future) but I need to ask a few questions. I have this truck on order (but I have the ford F150 shell) and I'm looking for tuned pipe that I can fit without cutting the shell (And if possible one that installs easily)

No need to apologize on bumping a thread!

Go to:

www.davesmotors.com

In the search type one of these:

fd141
fd140
fd131
fd130

There are 2 different types of pipes from DDM, a top end or a torque (black or chrome in each).

Typing in the code "LSF" on your order will get you 5% off.

It'll be a HUGE difference you will see in speed and power once you put one on!

I live in the UK

EDIT 22/05) I went ahead and ordered the ddm pipe(I went for the chrome torque pipe) and I did have to pay £34 import tax on it

(EDIT 29/05 quick update) canceled the shengqi hummer pre-order. I spent a bit more money and bought an fg monster beetle instead.

Last edited:
My experiences with the Shengqi Hummer

I found this thread very helpful before I bought the Hummer.

Now I have one, I am documenting my experiences with the Hummer here:

http://www.8bs.karoo.net/hummer.htm

I hope you find some of the things I have put there useful. Lots of pictures and videos. Plus a commentary on the problems I have had and still am having and how I have solved them. I am open to any suggestions for additions.

Last edited:
No need to apologize on bumping a thread!

Go to:

www.davesmotors.com

In the search type one of these:

fd141
fd140
fd131
fd130

There are 2 different types of pipes from DDM, a top end or a torque (black or chrome in each).

Typing in the code "LSF" on your order will get you 5% off.

It'll be a HUGE difference you will see in speed and power once you put one on!

Hi,

Does anyone know if these pipes fit under the Hummer body?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks