184mph On A Bicycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Smashed the speed record and she smashes through the danger zone on this guys chart.

Doing 35mph on my motorcycle feels like I'm barely moving. Had phone app show I did 35mph on my full squish mtn. bike. At times, I thought was going to squeeze my seat into a diamond. The pucker factor at those speeds would be enough to turn that entire bike into a diamond.

I've been looking at full squish bikes...but its probabky better to get my skills up on the hardtail i have now...plus i don't ride as much as i would like...no time

Me and my younger brother used to mountain bike a good bit when we were in high school. Started with wal mart full suspension bikes and ended up with hard tail treks. I always wanted a cannondale but could never afford one. Cheaper full suspension bikes don't last long. The spring/shock set up craps out in short order.

I've been looking at full squish bikes...but its probabky better to get my skills up on the hardtail i have now...plus i don't ride as much as i would like...no time

Full squish is nice for aging joints. On full squish you need to work on technique for everything, including pedaling. Some bike's rears can be fully locked out, mine locks out to about 25% dampening. Still a little bouncy on a hard pedal stroke. I ride everywhere with shocks fully active because it sucks to bomb downhill and realize your rear is locked out.

I can English bunny hop and clear 10-12 inch obstacles in the trail but, I can barely clear a curb with an American bunny hop. In my youth and 100 pounds lighter, I used to bunny hop a bmx like the guy in the video. This year will be my third summer on full squish and I'm still working on the technique.

Ha never knew the difference between the "english" and "american" always thought a bunny hop was a bunny hop.
Lol that makes two of us:LOL:
weelp that makes three. :LOL:
I'm right there with you guys. When I was a kid it was a bunny hop and "Yeah, man, It's a hop but, you're doing it wrong."

What are you riding?
It's a 2017 Marin Attack Trail 8 27.5"
Marin Attack Trail 8 by TDC, on Flickr

Here's a better pic.
https://www.marinbikes.com/bike-archive/bikes/2017-attack-trail-8

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks