2 Stroke Oil???? Which one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most 2 cycle oils nowadays are pretty good. I myself run amsoil saber. It is formulated for 100:1 it can be dilluted to 25:1 if u desire.... Some may read that and go 100:1!!!! No way! Not in my engine!!!!! Well i have news for you, most of the engines ive built and run on the dyno were run at 100:1 .. My own personal engine i run at 100:1.. Not one failure! No premature wear, nothing! If u are skeptical,run it at 50:1 and u still have double off what u need.. The only time i advise not to use 100:1 is when i am dealing with a consumer who lives in say arizona. Places with that type of heat i suggest saber at 32:1 and as diluted as 50:1 but 50:1 on a fuel with an octane of 100 or more depending on compression and id like it to be leaded. Led is a lubricant and the higher octane offers a cooler burn . BIG THING TO WATCH WHEN PURCHASING 2 CYCLE OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT OIL!!!! Ok now if u are at home depot,lowes, a local hardware store etc...... There are some oils that are more than ok for ur engine, however there are many junk oils with big well know names on them and u would never suspect them to be junk... Now heres how u can tell. On the back or side of the bottle there will be a square with the letters FD in it,accompanied by a long number.. THis is its certification number, if it does not have this RUN! Lol... To name one company that makes amazing equipment but horrible oil is STIHL! Yes STIHL oil is absolute crap! This FD certification only applies to power equipment oil, not amsoil ,castor, motul, etc... Only outdoor power equipment oils..

Dear Members,
Castor oils are great for the new motor break in period.
But read this from the experts: Synthetic oils typically offer high film strength without the wax formation. Wax formation can be undesirable in ringed engines where the wax build up can result in ring sticking which will lead to a ring failure and subsequent engine failure. Synthetic oils also tend to keep the insides of the engines cleaner which results in more consistent combustion.
Best Regards.
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: Road Reaper

Attachments

• DSCN0830.jpg
    DSCN0830.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 12
Dear Members,
I researched the high end motocross stores, and their racers run Motul 800 2T Pro Racing Premix 100 % Ester synthetic base in their $9,000.00 2 stoke motocross machines.
I have not used it but they tell me most racers recommend it.
I am willing to give it a try. I will post my results.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Dear Members,
Motul got back to me with product information on small high rpm motors using the MOTUL 800 2T 100% Ester Synthetic oil.
I only had to lean out the high needle less than a 1/32.
I am impressed with it. It is nice to get away from Hobby Shop brands and go professional. Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 6.30.49 AM.png

Dear Member,
If it works for you thats all that counts.
Lots of opinions on oils, I maybe will try another oil down the road.
Thats what makes this a fun hobby you never know what your find to improve performance.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr. thumb_DSCN1210_1024.jpg

Keep an eye on your plug colour if going over 30:1 ratio - might start to look a little lean after its tuned and you've had a good blast.
These engines rev quite a bit higher than 'weed whackers' and need lubrication.

Al.

Good racing grade 2 stroke oil and alkylate yeilds really nice running engines. Never going back to regular pump gas for my cars.
Advice here is good, Motul 800 is great and castor 927 as well.

Im using regular pennzoil yellow bottle 2 stroke for breakin, only have 7 tanks run through but already have klotz R50 at home , is tgis good to use, synthetic racing oil

Im using regular pennzoil yellow bottle 2 stroke for breakin, only have 7 tanks run through but already have klotz R50 at home , is tgis good to use, synthetic racing oil

I run three heat cycles = run motor slow never go past half throttle for ten minutes than stop the motor for ten minutes for cool down, go though three tanks of gas using Castor 927 replace spark plug than switch to Motul 800 and run at full throttle for short runs keeping it on the rich side. Works for me, everyone has a different way to break in new motors.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: Long Block20180310_110726.jpg

I run three heat cycles = run motor slow never go past half throttle for ten minutes than stop the motor for ten minutes for cool down, go though three tanks of gas using Castor 927 replace spark plug than switch to Motul 800 and run at full throttle for short runs keeping it on the rich side. Works for me, everyone has a different way to break in new motors.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: Long BlockView attachment 45272
Yep, did the same until my pullstart bolt came loose and destroyed my flywheel, waiting on parts to come in tomorrow to get back up and running....hopefully....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks