34cc reed vs 34cc ported full mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losi125

Ok so I am in the market for a reed or ported really not sure on what to get I currently have a obr 34cc full mod engine has been solid I have no complaints just would like to try a reed case I guess the question is would a reed case put out more power than a ported engine and is it worth the price difference extra cost

Not necessarily. The Reed will however give better throttle response. The power will come on faster and crisper. The Piston Port motor has the potential to make more power on the high end because there is no restriction in the intake. Both should be similar power wise from OBR but the Reed will be considerably more responsive.

When you add up all the extra stuff on the Sig Series 6329 that the 6310 FM reed 34cc doesn't come with then the difference is $10. Saying the Signature series in only for racing is like saying you should only drive a Ferrari on the track too. If you get the 990 carb then it is $25 difference in price. Don't let other sell you on less than the best especially for the same money in the end!

When you add up all the extra stuff on the Sig Series 6329 that the 6310 FM reed 34cc doesn't come with then the difference is $10. Saying the Signature series in only for racing is like saying you should only drive a Ferrari on the track too. If you get the 990 carb then it is $25 difference in price. Don't let other sell you on less than the best especially for the same money in the end!

For the 6310 specs for the engine I have it's $715.00 at least right now .

You get all the mods on the Sig Series including the Ceramic Bearings and 990 carb for $755 or without the bearings it is $710. 6310 fully loaded is $730 and $685 without the ceramic bearings. I strongly recommend the bearings though. It is noticeable on the higher RPMs. Dan told me that there are minor differences on the Signature series but I have no idea what those are. I do know that my signature series seems to be a little bit quicker than the same 6310 motor that a fellow racer uses. Those that claim they are the same motor obviously haven't had the pleasure of running the higher end motor.

The 6310 has a 2mm longer stroke . Maybe that's why the Sig spins up a little faster . The 6310 I bought has the ceramic bearings and transfer port option .When I bought mine at Thanksgiving time the difference in price was about 100 dollars . Honestly I don't know what is different machinging wise between the two. But at the time of purchase the only difference I could find was the flame cylinder cover.

The sig comes in both 32cc and 34cc. There is additional machine work done and the OBR website says you can expect mote power than the other motors. The sig series is a better option and a better motor in my opinion. Definitely not a $100 difference now.

Lets just make sure we are putting facts out there for new people and not making asumptions that they are the same motor for less money. They are definitely not, however they are both great motors.

The two engines in question. You can add the extras up. I selected the normal stuff tha I would think. Ceramic bearings added the carb and pump gas. For some reason it doesn't change the price automatically.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190208-173708_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190208-173708_Samsung Internet.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20190208-173641_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190208-173641_Samsung Internet.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 24
The two engines in question. You can add the extras up. I selected the normal stuff tha I would think. Ceramic bearings added the carb and pump gas. For some reason it doesn't change the price automatically.

You have to look at it in your basket for the the updated prices . What Frenimy isn't getting is I bought my engine at Thanksgiving time. The prices were different from what they are now. Also I think now when I look at things in my basket they are adding a discount automaticlly because I'm a returning customer .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks