36cc vs 29cc. Is it really a 36cc? Where is the proof other than a sticker?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Vektas were pretty good but both guys running them were breaking rims so they both got alloy rims and started breaking stub axles, I think the solid rear axle is just too rigid, land a jump wrong and something has to give. Sounds like one of the Vektas got a bunch of billet upgrades this winter and one is being replaced with a 5ive, so there will be one non 5ive based truck yet this year.

I would like to get an MCD W5 Max, but with only two places in North America selling them parts could be an issue. Amazing engineering on them though!

From what I reckall the Vektas are so heavy youd think they were made from pig iron and they don't have the MTXL's big rubber tires to take off some of the kick when they land after a jump. I love the vektas look but they feel sluggish unless you give them the kind of engine that would feel right at home on a small motorcycle.

MCD's are popular here in Europe. For good reason, they are incredible. You can toe in everything. EVERYTHING! This unfortunately is also their weakness and quite a few of them rattle apart during race. The trick is to set them up to perfection and then locktite everything down (and kind of lose their advanced features from race to race). Like elcon they are everyhwere over here and I agree on the 5ive platform. Its just divine. Best affordable large scale platform yet. Elcon and MCD makes you think they were made from gold.

Cool

U better fix that nipple on that carb buddy. :D LOL

That sounds Like fun, Glad you are having such good luck with your 5.

Ive done some digging on the net and don't see any kind of track anywhere near the Dallas,Texas area, and the Dallas Ft Worth area has a massive poppulation of arund 7.6 Million people and appears Im not finding any 1/5th scale off road tracks.
I believe there is a guy in the a town south of Ft Worth who has some property and a few poeple possibly used to gather for a group run. But even if they were a active race track that is still nearly 70 miles away from me in Dallas.

As long as I did not have to drop a bunch of cash to join and make yearly payment dues I would totally race my Rovan for sure.

Not really looking to drop a bunch of cash just to race my Rovan and drive several hours to do so.

But I would totally put my stock 5B Rovan up against any HPI or Losi any day.
Not saying I could out drive someone else but I sure as heck would try.

I kind of have a trick for when I used to Run my 3.3 70mph Rustler.

Get up as high as possible to have a better view of the car.
Makes all the difference in the world when navagating on a track.

Im sure that right away someone would get sideways if I showed up with a 25ft folding ladder to use while racing my %500 Dollar Rovan against $1500 Dollar Losi's and HPI's. Hahahahahaha I would prob be kicked off the track.

The most dangerous notion a young man can acquire is that there is no more room for originality.

All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed--only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle. Nikola Tesla

Im sure that right away someone would get sideways if I showed up with a 25ft folding ladder to use while racing my %500 Dollar Rovan against $1500 Dollar Losi's and HPI's. Hahahahahaha I would prob be kicked off the track.
That’s funny as hell....best thing I’ve read all day....I’m going to have to try that....for real....lmao

Ya

Im the guy who likes to save a buck for sure, an No worries on my little Rovan. Got the Buggy delivered to my front door just 7 days ago and Ihave been driving it every since, heck just 4 days after I got it I pulled the head and measured for myself the cylinder bore. Its a 36cc with a 39mm cylinder beyond the shadow of a doubt.

So far this little Rovan has been a blast.

Ive had my Rovan for a week now and have put at least 5 Miles on it. Ive run at least a tank of fuel a day now for 7 days in a row and shes still going stong.
I swear just pulling the head and putting it back on seems to have done something because it seems a little faster now.

Anyhow since I have owned my Rovan it seems the only people who have ever said anything negative about Rovans have been those who own any other brand besides Rovan..
I don't know, I guess I can see how someone who spent $1300 dollars on a base line 27cc 1/5th scale could be tweaked out a bit, by seeing a guy who has the exact same Buggy with a bigger engine and only paid $500 bucks.

Ehhhh what do you do?

To each his own..

Yup, we all get it. You clearly have a HUGE chub over your new Rovan. That being said, lets slow your roll on the "i'm ready to take my $500 Rovan to the track and kick everyone's azz" mentality. The Rovans are a great entry level 1/5 that will get you into the sport for a very small investment. The Rovan's are cheap for a reason, and that the fact they are slapped together in China with absolutely ZERO quality assembly control. Fit tolerances are sloppy at best everywhere within the chassis and engine. You take a box stock Rovan to the track and you won't last a single race without some type of mechanical failure. I bought my Rovan Terminator last year and literally spent the whole winter stripping the chassis and engine and let me be clear the assembly was pathetic as far as proper component fit. Read through all my Rovan chassis and CY engine DIY posts and you will get my point. Even after spending all winter blueprinting the chassis and drivetrain, i'm still having random mechanical issues killing my day to day reliability. It's been a substantial learning curve but hopefully next season i'll be GTG. I will agree with you on Rovan's customer service. I had an issue with my shocks having too much slop in the ball ends, and Rovan swapped my shocks in favor of better (less slop) units.

Yup, we all get it. You clearly have a HUGE chub over your new Rovan.
LMFAO ?????? but you are spot on Polar. Fit and finish is wack ASF, they are cheap for a reason. And not to mention, they didn't do jack poop work of r&d, like hpi had to and that costs, they just ripped off a design which costs, well, no money lol. The reason they (Original Hpi's) are expensive is because, well first is quality control, the designing and r&d of the original Baja definitely costed money, their engines are better out of the box (unlike the rovans, Polar proved this by tearing the entire engine apart,blue printing it and correcting all kinds off issues, check his threads), ECT ECT. I hate when people just blatantly say crap like "oh it's overpriced" without taking into account the Design factor and everything else I stated above. Makes you look totally ignorant. With that being said, I'm not a rovan hater, I've got one, it got me into the 1/5 hobby, but what annoys the crap outta me is when people who got the cheaper option start dissing hpi price wise with their uneducated opinion.

Last edited:
Jeez, I apologize guys, I didn't even think to look at the thread date, I generally won't archive and add comment on old threads. I just though it was a member blowing a lot of hot air that needed some "corrective" feedback, LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks