5 years on a shelf, time to revive the Baja 5b, rebuild and upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a black carbon fiber effect body would look good on it. Even if the accent fiber was a different color like silver, gold, green, etc.
Wouldn’t even know where to start on that, just looking to paint i, bought a new body and some Tamiya black paint, might do most of it black and some of it a very bright colour, I’ll see

great job. I will have a look at your how to tonight(y)
I am liking the stealth look a lot, its what I want to do to my 5b ss as I dislike the orange so much lol
It’s quite simple really, not tried it with the sulphuric acid yet, but I’ve got some aluminium mirrors off my RS4 that I might anodise black too, only thing to say really is for just doing the parts on the car it’s likely to be cheaper to get a company to do them if you need to buy everything from scratch like I did, but I have a mini cnc so will anodise other parts in the future, what I had to buy was

30v 10amp power supply
4x big plastic storage bins (decent ones though)
2x metal pots for heating the dye and the final boiling water
Single hot plate as I didn’t want to do it in the kitchen at home
Caustic soda crystals
Sodium bisulphate crystals
Dye (proper aluminium dye not clothes dye)
Titanium wire
Digital thermometer
Deionised water (40p a litre from Tesco’s)

Prototype windows, I know that they can be bought but I own a laser engraver so can make my own in any colour (mine will be black obviously) and I can have any vent design, these are just in thick card until the clips arrive so I know exactly where to put the fixing holes

652EFF5E-2F66-44B6-B630-B1A577B65D1E.jpeg

Attachments

• C475941F-79B7-4EE1-BFE0-34C150098254.jpeg
    C475941F-79B7-4EE1-BFE0-34C150098254.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 2
WOW! Unbelieveable work! The ano turned out beautifully. I just recently became an HPI 5B owner myself, the old version just like yours with all the purple parts. It wasn't ran much and had been sitting for the last 10 years. I cleaned it up and added a few upgrades to. It started right up and ran great. I made a front windshield myslef also, but no CNC machine :( Anyway, Nice work and what a wonderful looking 5B you have now!!!

WOW! Unbelieveable work! The ano turned out beautifully. I just recently became an HPI 5B owner myself, the old version just like yours with all the purple parts. It wasn't ran much and had been sitting for the last 10 years. I cleaned it up and added a few upgrades to. It started right up and ran great. I made a front windshield myslef also, but no CNC machine :( Anyway, Nice work and what a wonderful looking 5B you have now!!!

Thanks, been a while coming and will be a while before it’s finished as I know I’m going to have little time over the next couple of months, but it will get there

View attachment 51102View attachment 51103
like ur baja!!! very tasteful (y):cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks