5ive B best place to start making holes for heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sort of at the same crossroad as you. I have a new Rovan truck, and i keep mulling over should i cut the windshield for more airflow , or leave it closed and have greater protection from debris. Im located up in New England and im thinking that i wont see very high ambient temps , so im going to try my Rovan first with the windshield not cut out.

Im sort of at the same crossroad as you. I have a new Rovan truck, and i keep mulling over should i cut the windshield for more airflow , or leave it closed and have greater protection from debris. Im located up in New England and im thinking that i wont see very high ambient temps , so im going to try my Rovan first with the windshield not cut out.
Why not cut the windshield and then put fine mesh in there? will keep debris out and will give airflow

The time has come to start drilling holes in the 5ive B body,where should I begin? Are there any areas to avoid?
I have a King Motor T2000, kindof a Baja clone with the belt drive 4wd. But I haven't had any over heating problem with it now that I took the 4WD belt off and made it 2wd, and it only got a little over 280°F even with 4wd unless I had anair leak in the intake. Hahaha and I live in Tonopah Nevada, high desert 6030 altitude, but it gets hot in the summer around 100-110° ,I had a female dog of a time with air leaks and it will make it over heat quite a bit depending on the leak. Hope this helps? Hahaha

I have a King Motor T2000, kindof a Baja clone with the belt drive 4wd. But I haven't had any over heating problem with it now that I took the 4WD belt off and made it 2wd, and it only got a little over 280°F even with 4wd unless I had anair leak in the intake. Hahaha and I live in Tonopah Nevada, high desert 6030 altitude, but it gets hot in the summer around 100-110° ,I had a female dog of a time with air leaks and it will make it over heat quite a bit depending on the leak. Hope this helps? Hahaha
Marty, the Baja and 5ive B are two totally different animals. The 5ive B is an enclosed body track car and when you add in a large cc engine they can have problems keeping cool. So it is necessary to create cooling and heat venting holes to keep engine temps in check. Sometimes you may even see some guys cut a hole in the side of the body to get fresh cool air for the air filter.

Marty, the Baja and 5ive B are two totally different animals. The 5ive B is an enclosed body track car and when you add in a large cc engine they can have problems keeping cool. So it is necessary to create cooling and heat venting holes to keep engine temps in check. Sometimes you may even see some guys cut a hole in the side of the body to get fresh cool air for the air filter.
I know, 5ive is a Losi, 5B is HPI. but I have a King Motor T2000 Baja 5T clone with a 30.5cc Fuelie, don't know what uall are running in your 5th scales, it's not specified.? Or what you're considering a larger cc engine? Hahaha sorry for the confusion.

I know, 5ive is a Losi, 5B is HPI. but I have a King Motor T2000 Baja 5T clone with a 30.5cc Fuelie, don't know what uall are running in your 5th scales, it's not specified.? Or what you're considering a larger cc engine? Hahaha sorry for the confusion.
no its not the engine, its the configuration of the losi 5ive B vs the baja. the 5b is MUCH more compact and the pipe snuggles up closer too the engine much more than a baja and the body doesn't let heat out of the 5ive B, so there's the heat issues. bajas don't really have heat issues as far as i know

no its not the engine, its the configuration of the losi 5ive B vs the baja. the 5b is MUCH more compact and the pipe snuggles up closer too the engine much more than a baja and the body doesn't let heat out of the 5ive B, so there's the heat issues. bajas don't really have heat issues as far as i know
Oh ok I was thinking about getting a Losi 5ive too, I think I'll just wait and get the brushless version.? Hahaha thanks for the info, I didn't know the 5ive had any problems like that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks