5IVE T Suspension Adjustment Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adding to what's been said, thickening the centre diff oil will reduce power transfer to the front, reducing that squat in the rear. Don't thicken it too much though or it will kick the rear end out too easily when turning.

Wait I thought that more power in the front was needed to reduce rear squat?

Ok so there are a couple things that should be addressed. The collar adjustment on the shock body is meant only to adjust Ride Height and nothing else. Stiffer springs are meant to reduce the amount the vehicle bottoms out on a landing and reduce body roll. Shock oil is used to change several things like the "Bounciness" of the suspension. The Five T is supposed to transfer weight to the rear and squat to give the rear tires more traction. Thicker center diff oil actually put more power forward which can help the front tires dig harder and reduce some of the rear squat, it will also make other changes such as how aggressive the truck drive out of and into corners. I am not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve as far as setup goes with your truck but if you tell us what you want it to do then we can help you get it setup correctly.

@Frenimy thanks for that answer! I appreciate it. I noticed my tires are rubbing my rear fenders. It seems to be squatting too much? I wanted to reduce that rear tire rubbing. What do you recommend?

I just bash around at the park and dirt lota. No racing.

Ok so I've been doing a lotta reading up about this since I just bought some new 5ive 2.0 shocks for my rig. It would seam the rear springs are lighter weight then the front. If its sagging that much I'd get the next heavier spring the whole way around. That way it wont mess with your weight transfer too much but keep the truck up off the ground. Think its 11 lb front and 8 lb rear is stock. I'd just bump up to the losi "red" springs. Should be around 13lb front and 10lb rear.

http://www.davesmotors.com/ddm-hd-shock-springs-for-losi-5ive-front-and-rear-3-tension-options-.html

Ok so I've been doing a lotta reading up about this since I just bought some new 5ive 2.0 shocks for my rig. It would seam the rear springs are lighter weight then the front. If its sagging that much I'd get the next heavier spring the whole way around. That way it wont mess with your weight transfer too much but keep the truck up off the ground. Think its 11 lb front and 8 lb rear is stock. I'd just bump up to the losi "red" springs. Should be around 13lb front and 10lb rear.

http://www.davesmotors.com/ddm-hd-shock-springs-for-losi-5ive-front-and-rear-3-tension-options-.html
Iv been tinking a while about getting the red equivalent springs for my losi 5b? iv got a shock rebuild kit and some 45wt shock oil ......wanna try that firat and see what happens .......and only after that will i make a decision on new springs?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks