5t 2.0 won’t start! 🤣

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange thing is the engine sounded strong before it blew. No distinguishable piston slap that I found you get with a bike before it let loose?

Engine disassembled, just waiting on parts. Cases will get wiped clean then go into the ultra sonic cleaner for a swim.564A3D0E-A892-4BF3-9246-B60124D8F4EC.jpeg
Unfortunately during tear down noticed flywheel has been damaged by a small stone and knocked off part of a small fin.
44682384-1730-426A-96BB-B477060A9D3E.jpeg
Thoughts? I was thinking I could take the die grinder to the one on the opposite side and profile them both the same. What do you guys think about balance if I do this?

Also I ordered both stock Zen gaskets and the heavy duty one what’s the opinion on which to use?

E00702C2-BED5-4665-A194-6980806AD8B8.png

Last edited:
Engine disassembled, just waiting on parts. Cases will get wiped clean then go into the ultra sonic cleaner for a swim.View attachment 78678
Unfortunately during dreary down noticed flywheel has been damaged by a small stone and knocked off part of a small fin.
View attachment 78679
Thoughts? I was thinking I could take the die grinder to the one on the opposite side and profile them both the same. What do you guys think about balance if I do this?

Also I ordered both stock Zen gaskets and the heavy duty one what’s the opinion on which to use?

View attachment 78680
id just not muck around and replace the flywheel , i don't think that will balance it again . and id also use the HD gaskets, i use them and they seem good

If you gonna balance the flywheel take both fins off 🤔
Luckily I have a new spare I bought a while ago, just in case. I’ll install that, then shave both fins and keep it as a back up.

Cases out of the ultra sonic and new parts just arrived a few minutes ago. Once again luckily I had bought the spare cylinder about a month ago as I see the race ported are now outta stock!
189737BD-218C-48E4-AD31-D839D7E91D24.jpeg

Looking at the torque specs I see the carb insulator and cylinder cover call for using Threebond TB1342H. Does anyone know is there a Permatex or Loctite equivalent. What else are you guys using? I am guessing the term cylinder cover is also the transfer ports?

Depends on what I have on hand. Three bond has become troublesome to find recently. Stihl reccomends dirko-ht, which is easy for me to get my hands on. So I've been using a lot of that. Also have some stuff from Isuzu that works wonders, but once that tube is gone I'm out. You can look at a local bike shop and see what they use. Honda bond and Yama bond are all made (last I checked) made by three bond.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks