5t won’t start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyLs

my 5t keeps fouling out the plug every time I go to start it, I’ve driven it only once and the next time I go to start it, it fouls out everytime. Bad stock spark plug/ wire ? Or are my throttle needles out of adjustment ? New to 1/5th scale and could use some help. Thank youA02AB6F5-B69C-444A-8A5E-D7201BBD602E.jpeg

Fouled takes time to accomplish. Is the plug soaked if thats what you mean by fouling? Check your tank vent its under the has cap and its the rubber part . Did you mess with the carb settings? It could be a bad carb but let's troubleshoot more first. If you look in the tank what color fuel line has the fuel clunk on it (looks like a small fuel filter)

Fouled takes time to accomplish. Is the plug soaked if thats what you mean by fouling? Check your tank vent its under the has cap and its the rubber part . Did you mess with the carb settings? It could be a bad carb but let's troubleshoot more first. If you look in the tank what color fuel line has the fuel clunk on it (looks like a small fuel filter)
yes the plug is soaked after like 2-3 pulls. vent looks good and no i haven't messed with anything carb related. and the line is black.

I'd check for spark next. Take a new plug or if you don't have one you need to burn the gas off the wet one..little torch or a lighter. Take it out and put the spark plug wire back on the plug. You need to ground the threaded side on any metal surface of the engine and keep it away from the plug gone or you will cause a fire and a bang in the cylinder. Pull the cord and watch for spark at the spark plug and you may have to dim the lights to see it as these engines don't produce a charge like a car would

I'd check for spark next. Take a new plug or if you don't have one you need to burn the gas off the wet one..little torch or a lighter. Take it out and put the spark plug wire back on the plug. You need to ground the threaded side on any metal surface of the engine and keep it away from the plug gone or you will cause a fire and a bang in the cylinder. Pull the cord and watch for spark at the spark plug and you may have to dim the lights to see it as these engines don't produce a charge like a car would
yes there is spark. maybe when i was riding yesterday the needles got knocked out of adjustment? before i went home yesterday i did a pull in the parking lot and i could tell it was getting way too much fuel, and when i let off the throttle it died. air and spark are good, just way too much fuel.

I'd say the settings haven't changed on you. How do you go about starting it if you don't mind me asking. That could play a big role in flooding as well. Just asking the basics

I'd say the settings haven't changed on you. How do you go about starting it if you don't mind me asking. That could play a big role in flooding as well. Just asking the basics
i have the choke on and give it a few pulls until i hear it want to start, then pull the choke up and give it 2-3 pulls before it starts. i feel like theres just a big puddle of fuel down there because it is kind of hard to pull now compared to yesterday.

double check the vent first mate, make sure you're not getting a positive pressure in the tank,
but if you think it has a lot of fuel in the case, take it outside, remove the air filter, tip the car over towards carb side and open throttle butterfly by hand,
see if any fuel comes out, remove plug and pull engine over a few time to expel any more raw fuel,
then if you store the car in a well vented place, leave with plug out for a good few hours , refit filter and plug then try and start it and see what happens,
if it starts and runs fine then alls good, but if it floods out again or floods out after being run for a while then come back here and we will try and help you out (y) ,
needle settings shouldnt change on there own,

do what doug said as well, do a introduce yer self in the welcome thread (y)

double check the vent first mate, make sure you're not getting a positive pressure in the tank,
but if you think it has a lot of fuel in the case, take it outside, remove the air filter, tip the car over towards carb side and open throttle butterfly by hand,
see if any fuel comes out, remove plug and pull engine over a few time to expel any more raw fuel,
then if you store the car in a well vented place, leave with plug out for a good few hours , refit filter and plug then try and start it and see what happens,
if it starts and runs fine then alls good, but if it floods out again or floods out after being run for a while then come back here and we will try and help you out (y) ,
needle settings shouldnt change on there own,

do what doug said as well, do a introduce yer self in the welcome thread (y)
okay i will let it sit overnight and try in the morning, i will come back here for sure since i am a big noob for 1/5th scale. Thank you(y)

okay i will let it sit overnight and try in the morning, i will come back here for sure since i am a big noob for 1/5th scale. Thank you(y)
just make sure its in a well vented area though mate (y) , you don't want a build up of fuel vaper in an enclosed space ,

I was fouling plugs, but it was taking at least 3 tanks to foul them.
I was fouling them due to bad tuning and running a bit too much oil. Watched many many YouTube videos about tuning especially Dan from OBR Engines and took the advice from the lads on here.
Don't be afraid of tuning, as Dan shows even a very lean tune won't kill your engine for a short blast (100meters) while searching for the right tune.

my 5t keeps fouling out the plug every time I go to start it, I’ve driven it only once and the next time I go to start it, it fouls out everytime. Bad stock spark plug/ wire ? Or are my throttle needles out of adjustment ? New to 1/5th scale and could use some help. Thank youView attachment 74357
I see like there is fuel dripping from the filter :unsure:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks