8,000 rpm clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is the benifit uf upgradding a clutch bell to a supposidly better bell, what the dif? sorry in advance for the dumb question.

If your talking about the bell, there are many diferent types that will help the bite the shoes have on them, like the TR aluminum bell. Also some are machined to be more precise in fabrication, which in theory should help the shoes hit more of the bell.
If your talking about the clutch springs, the different engagement RPMs will help allow the motor to up the RPM's and get more into as sweet spot before engagement. If you have a stock motor it really makes a difference in reducing the bog.

I installed the 8000rpm spring this morning, this thing jjust about jumps out of its skin when you hit the throttle. I like it. Big difference over the stock spring, much higher engagement.

I just swapped out my MT spring for a new high RPM spring from HPI. There didn't seem to be a big look difference in the two as I compared them. The HPI stock spring was much smaller looking then did the MT look compared to the new red springs.
Anyone know what the stock FGMT spring is (RPM)? I hope it is different then the one I installed.

I just swapped out my MT spring for a new high RPM spring from HPI. There didn't seem to be a big look difference in the two as I compared them. The HPI stock spring was much smaller looking then did the MT look compared to the new red springs.
Anyone know what the stock FGMT spring is (RPM)? I hope it is different then the one I installed.

The stock CY and stock Zen spring have half a coil extra than the DDM 7500 and HPI 8000.

You will notice a massive difference if you have the correct spring.

Springs have arrived (happy days) Whats the best & quickest way to fit these.

Does the engine need to be removed or can it be done in situ ?

I think if I have to remove the engine I'll do the fly wheel protection mod as I have brought the mesh to do this.

job done :)

just need the loctite to go off and I'm good to go

Well that was fast! Use a torch to clean off all the old lock tight before installing more, even if you don't see it on there you will be surprised how much is there. Heat up the area then use a wire brush to clean out the treads.:)

hi ladds its all new to me and a very nice tuning tip ive been in the rc world for 2 to 3 years now still got to learn alot anyway if i was to go down to my
lrc shop what would i be asking for so i don't come over like a peepee head
thanks ive got pit stop shop fallcon2 it delivers 5.3 hp at 21500 rpm http://www.pitstop-shop.nl/ prcie €399.90 but got it free because when i got the car from pit stop i bought it with a ddm motor but did fxxked up after 1 tank so he give me this one for free to me to make eveyrthing ok
anyway do you think i should get this or not
thanks

well I was out running the truck today and striped the clutch material of both sides, not sure why maybe it got a little hot :blush: certainly makes a heap of difference to the truck having fitted the red spring though it flys off the start and constantly wants to wheelie, where before it would not.

Having striped the clutch pads should I upgrade to the better clutch as well and maybe go the whole hog turn them around.

15gxz7b.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!:eek: That in my humble opinion is a sealant failure and must have been just popped off while engaging. If anything they should be cooler running with slipping less. You should try warranty to see if they will replace them but, in the mean time get yourself another set of clutch shoes. You may want to check into a 3 or 4 shoe clutch, spendy but from what I hear a good investment. Again, wow...

question

just got me replacements (hpi clutch/spring set) and have noticed that the bolt (dowel screws i think there called) that holds these on is very sightly a smaller diameter than my stock zenoah ones

will this matter or should they be these be snug ?

Last edited:
just got me replacements (hpi clutch/spring set) and have noticed that the bolt (dowel screws i think there called) that holds these on is very sightly a smaller diameter than my stock zenoah ones

will this matter or should they be these be snug ?
The shoe set you got is probaly for a CY, you need to get a set for a Zenoah.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks