8k clutch install question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It kind of makes sense both ways if you oil the outer the outer filter will catch most of the particulates and the inner will catch whatever is left.The other way the outer non oiled will catch the larger particles while the inner oiled will catch all the smaller stuff that gets through.It basically boils down to the same thing either way as long as it isn't over oiled but after thinking about it I really can't decide which one makes more sense to me.The inner being oiled makes more sense though since it is wet it would be better at making the particulates stick to it as a last line of defense before your motor ingests them?

On my nitro's ,the outer pre-filter never gets oil ,only the inner one does ,I put it in a plastic baggy an put a few drops of oil in an
mead it into the filter is all ,same with my Baja ,but I had lost the new sponge & pre-filter for it ,however ,I will have to buy a new
type so that I can run in the field or dirty area's!

Guy that's doesn't count coz its a red nek? its not a complete filter ? here is some pics from the hpi manual ??Screenshot_20200902-042435_Drive.jpg
With very clear instruction ? oil inner only wash and dry outer?????
No, you guys are all wrong, take a look at the ddm site , suck a fek???
View attachment 62971

It kind of makes sense both ways if you oil the outer the outer filter will catch most of the particulates and the inner will catch whatever is left.The other way the outer non oiled will catch the larger particles while the inner oiled will catch all the smaller stuff that gets through.It basically boils down to the same thing either way as long as it isn't over oiled but after thinking about it I really can't decide which one makes more sense to me.The inner being oiled makes more sense though since it is wet it would be better at making the particulates stick to it as a last line of defense before your motor ingests them?

I'm gonna stick to oiling the outer only.
When I pull it apart for cleaning the inner is always spotless as the outer has caught all of the crap before it got there.
The outer weĂ rs always ends up with a bit of oil on it too so the motor is double protected.
The inner always sucks a little oil from the outer as well.
I just use the plastic bag and a few drops of oil same as my nitros.

Yeah but I don't have a stock filter, mines a tgn easy clearence with a redneck and y'all are talking poop and saying it shouldn't be oiled, so suck it ?

Ok Look real close. Mine is a DT1 . Do you notice the outerwares isn't soaking in oil. The oil filter is oiled if I take the outerwares off and sqeeze the filter oil would be on my hand but not dripping . :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: And then look at the picture you posted in your thread of you buggy a couple of weeks back. IMG_20190412_135120.jpg

Last edited:
Ok Look real close. Mine is a TGN also. Do you notice the outerwares isn't soaking in oil. The oil filter is oiled if I take the outerwares off and sqeeze the filter oil would be on my hand but not dripping . :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: View attachment 62988
That's because you don't have a redneck on it, and because I have a redneck on mine, the outerwear fits a bit tight, so the o from the redneck gets on the outerwear. And it's not dripping ,you feking imbiciels ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks