A 5t I have named "ole grungy"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would like it to not be milky white over black.... I like things to look nice lol. Especially this expensive!

Trust me, I've broken my fair share of lexan recently( my 1/7 gt body, may it RIP....es....)
Oh this isn't on the inside. These is fall out oj the outside of the body i was trying to get off.

Actually was looking at vinyl wrap...anyone tried it? Probably sand the thing down to get to grunge off of it, then try the wrap....looks easy enough.

I mean if I destroy the body I have lost anything. They're both already cracking anyway.

The front separate body piece on my hpi baja, i painted it a certain color I didn’t like. Put a little nail polish remover on a rag wiped it an it appeared to be coming off. Then i poured a lid full in the body piece to “Soak” and in like 2 seconds half of the piece melted and disappeared completely away I poop you not lol. I was pissed

The front separate body piece on my hpi baja, i painted it a certain color I didn’t like. Put a little nail polish remover on a rag wiped it an it appeared to be coming off. Then i poured a lid full in the body piece to “Soak” and in like 2 seconds half of the piece melted and disappeared completely away I poop you not lol. I was pissed
Read that last part in an old roommates voice haha!

"I wouldn't poop you, you're my favorite turd" in a good central Texas draaawl

Oof... tore it down to the rolling chassis.... the phrase "rode hard and put up wet" is applicable here. If it has a ball joint, it's worn out. The bearings are a 50/50 deal.

At this juncture I think I'm going to take the 5t plastics and clean them really well, and focus on taking the two baja platforms I have and building 1 very nice wide arm kitted chassis I can swap between a b and t, then ill worry about reviving what's left lol. I have a turtle 5t front plate coming to match everything else, and I've got to decide if I want to run the turtle shock braces or the FLM set. Also going to convert my a.pia arms into the extended length

This one came from a swap meet today and.... yeah, don't spray house paint near an expensive ass truck.

Appear to be HPI, came with this body and an SC body, both are definitely covered in a find mist of what I'm assuming is white paint. The body was also obviously off the truck, and has the same paint issue. "Goof off" is cleaning the mess up nicely on the suspension parts, but the body i have tried both it and denatured alcohol.... no luck. Any suggestions? Power buffer?

Drive train wise it is an FLM extended a-arm set, looks like FLM type drive shafts, front flm shock tower, and it came with the rear and another set of FLM a-arms. Hostile on piece rears, but I'm not positive they are the big bearings... gotta check.

Looks like a stock 2 bolt motor, labeled as a 27cc. I have no idea what this pipe is.... I'm guessing some form of chinesium.

I paid... well very little for this truck. I want to blow it apart and clean it up, and will either keep it or sell it...not sure yet. I didn't know it was a wide kit when I told the friend to buy it! I'm usually not big on trucks, but this is growing on me.

View attachment 68467View attachment 68468

This one came from a swap meet today and.... yeah, don't spray house paint near an expensive ass truck.

Appear to be HPI, came with this body and an SC body, both are definitely covered in a find mist of what I'm assuming is white paint. The body was also obviously off the truck, and has the same paint issue. "Goof off" is cleaning the mess up nicely on the suspension parts, but the body i have tried both it and denatured alcohol.... no luck. Any suggestions? Power buffer?

Drive train wise it is an FLM extended a-arm set, looks like FLM type drive shafts, front flm shock tower, and it came with the rear and another set of FLM a-arms. Hostile on piece rears, but I'm not positive they are the big bearings... gotta check.

Looks like a stock 2 bolt motor, labeled as a 27cc. I have no idea what this pipe is.... I'm guessing some form of chinesium.

I paid... well very little for this truck. I want to blow it apart and clean it up, and will either keep it or sell it...not sure yet. I didn't know it was a wide kit when I told the friend to buy it! I'm usually not big on trucks, but this is growing on me.

View attachment 68467View attachment 68468
I love it !!!!!!! :)
Yea wipe it off really fast or don't use it. Nail polish remover melts lexan. Ask me how i know lol
What I would try, is that crap they use to restore the headlights on your real car. I did never try this but might work. Omg no nail polish or paint thinner your right about that.

Last edited:
Lexan is tuff to work with. I'm trying to figure out what colors to paint my 5ive B. I have time, I'm waiting for my engine to be built.

Attachments

• 20210123_124556.jpg
    20210123_124556.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210123_124643.jpg
    20210123_124643.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 4
Hydro dip the outside of the body. It will stick to damn near everything including the over spray and it won't peel from roll overs and dirt getting under the vinyl. Sanding the body to prep for vinyl won't work the, sanding marks won't let the vinyl adhere properly without an adhesion promoter I know because I used one on my 30dnt big flex due to the body having a textured surface. Generally wrapping is done on a brand new body so I doubt it will work in your favor

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks