add another DX450 owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys...

I'm having some trouble reassembling my gyro. On the side opposite the clutch there is a 6x13 mm ball bearing and a c-clip in the gyro. When you put the ball bearing in the indentation in the gyro wheel, it covers the groove for the c clip. What am I doing wrong. Pics for reference:

Where the axle groove for the c-clip sits without the bearing. Its basically flush with the top edge of the hump there, so if you put in a 6x13 bearing, it will cover the groove.

4e852fca.gif

Here is with the bearing in.

0194d0b3.gif

The inner bearing sits flush in it's bore. The outer one show has a more SHALLOW bore (you can see the inner lip of it in the first pic) and none of the parts are press fit. Its almost like the outer bearing is too thick. I don't get it. I destroyed my one way bearing which is why I had to disassemble it, and I noticed after looking at the manual that I was missing an E clip. Also, the one manual shows 2 5mm e-clips and the Exploded View only shows ONE.

In addition to this, which way should the OWB be facing? Do the splines go int o the gear or does the unsplined side go into the gear? Either way I put it, my gyro won't spin when I run it with half of the wheel off.

I'm so lost and it really nice out so I want to run this. :(

been a few. been work busy. got quite a few things done as far as mods to the DX goes. heading to WV in the am for a few weeks for work, taking it with me to put thru some testing and see how the parts make out.

heading to Morgantown WV if anyone is in that area, post up in my thread in the basement. maybe we can hook up if i have the time, and we re not far away.

anyways. hopeing to post some good reports over the next few weeks, and i get time to run the bike and check the mods.

Timmahh

I have a stupid question. Finally got mine assembled and ran it yesterday for the first time. After the bike stops, it sound like the gyro in the rear wheel is still spinning (for a long time). is this normal?

Ok just wanted to make sure it was working. The bike is sick, could barely keep it on two wheels.

Now to figure out a way to keep my lipos in the bottom compartment.

A bit of thread hijacking, but.........So, I have had my DX450 motorcycle for about a year now. The lexan rider is a bit hollow...actually, he is really hollow. Since he has lost most of his screws and he is getting flimsy, I saw that filling all the hollow parts with that spray insulation foam stuff works great. I bought some and decided to fill him this afternoon in between other things.

It worked great. I made sure everything was cleaned up so the foam would "harden" correctly.

I went out in the garage a few hours later to fetch a screwdriver for something else.

This is what I found :eek::

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

The window foam will not get as hard but will not expand as hard. It will also be real easy clean up. May not work in your situation since you are using it to glue your rider back together?

haha yup, I did that. now when you cut it off you'll find the rider very stiff (looks like he has a stiffy now LOL) but then I found the feet got broken off on wipe outs... the flex is not a bad thing. finding a balance of fill and flex is what should work best

haha yup, I did that. now when you cut it off you'll find the rider very stiff (looks like he has a stiffy now LOL) but then I found the feet got broken off on wipe outs... the flex is not a bad thing. finding a balance of fill and flex is what should work best

Pipe- you are the only one that seems to get it. :lol::lol::lol:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks