add another DX450 owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more question, how much better is the modified rc gyro with 2s? I'm thinking about getting that next as soon as my motor/esc problem is solved.

so far im really likeing it. my yard is a bit to bumpy for its current setup, but i think it would be great for a groomed track. but until i get a new owb, its down and out.

seen a link to a place they can be sourced from here in the states. think it was on RCG but may even of been this thread. non rc sourceing, but same bearing.

atm, i have it set up with 5 weights on it. so for a hard pack groomed track i think it ll be sweet. on 2s i can lift the front end fairly easy, but not rediculasly simple.

the spool up is quicker and corners seem to be going quite good.
once i get a couple OWBs, i ll get some vid of it. in the meantime, may start working on the side yard to make a track to run on. more MX and suited to the bike.

Chris, check the motor to esc connection, a bad connection will also cause that.

my bike is dead.. time for a lot of parts LOL. took mine to the bmx track yesterday. I cleared the double chasm a couple times with a large crowd of bmx;rs watching and cheering. stupid me and crowds... I was doing back flips and such. until... I landed on his head from about 25 feet up. rider busted up bad, body parts all ripped off, busted the frame by the rear fake pipe, busted an axle bolt off, chain is so stretched I have to remove a link... blew the seals out of the rear shock... and that's just a quick look. I haven't even pulled it apart

I quit my graveyard job yesterday too.. just detailing cars now thank god. I'll put the bike on the shelf and order parts in the beginning of next month.

I'll recheck again. Everything seemed pretty connected when I looked at it initially.

Wish you had video of that crash! LOL

The worst I've done is driving my motorcycle under my Civic, I was certain the driver's head was going to come off, nope, it didn't. Jammed pretty good though.

After opening the motor and finding it burnt pretty good, Duratrax wanted the motor sent back to them. Sent it back, and it was still covered under warranty. I have a new motor now and it works superbly. I also had ordered a Hobbywing 4000kv motor just in case Duratrax took too long (they only beat Duratrax in shipping a motor by 2 days). I now have both motors and two workable speed controls. Not bad I guess.

IMG_8569.jpg

very good. i see late june for the OWBs. im going to order one of the ebay ones and see how it works out. should work as its the same size. though i may need to superglue it in the maybe. will take a look at one when it gets here.

very good. i see late june for the OWBs. im going to order one of the ebay ones and see how it works out. should work as its the same size. though i may need to superglue it in the maybe. will take a look at one when it gets here.

Let me know if it works. Contact me if you are in dire need of a OWB!!! Fiddy bucks. :p

I ordered a couple of the OWB bearings available from Ebay, that appear like they will work.
these units.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130200214771

hope they ship out quickly, and i can have one by saturday, but will most likley be next week. I ll see how it works out and let you peeps know. price wasnt too bad, 5.95 per bearing and 3.95 shipping on the 1st and .95 for shipping on each additional, i bought 2 incase they actually work for 16.80 shipped. will let you all know what i findout.

well i tore into the rear end. seem to have got the OWB working again. just gave it a good spray with the ether, then some comped air, then some ATF tranny fluid. put it back together and it seems to be doing ok. put a couple packs thru as so far so good.

But i think my Fiegao is on its way out.
Finially blew out the stock spur gear, but it wasnt the teeth, it was the cross pin holder area on the back side.

Bike quit moving, and when i checked it, i found the spur clip off, and the spur was not on the cross pin. when i took the cover off and pulled the spur, thats when i noticed the back was ate up, and the cross pin was missing.
So i took the steel spur i got early on, and found another cross pin and isntalled it.

but the motor shaft has about 1/8th or more of slop in the Feigao and it seems to be making some funny noises. so im going to take it out and apart, and see if i can clean it up, maybe install new shaft bearings and get it working maybe.

if all else fails, later today im going to pick up a new EZRun 4300KV to put in until i get the Fiegao fixed or if its bunk, then i ll run the EZRun motor. I used one of these motors in a slash for a while, and it was quite decent. 2s to 3s capible, so it ll fit great witht he CC Mamba esc.

on the steering, i took the hard horn off, and installed a KimBrough Futaba Servo Saver arm for the smaller 1/12 scale rides. this allowed me to nearly tighten the steering springs, which eliminated alot of the head shake at speed, as well as still has the servo saver feature in the Kimbrough horn. its alot more responsive than it was, as well as the greatly reduced head shake. may be something work looking into. the Kimbrough Servo Saver was like 4.00.

i ll get some pics of this in a few and get them posted up.

I also added a new part to the bike, that not only improves useability, but lets me get more run time out of it.
DSCN6714.jpg
DSCN6713.jpg
Cuz now i can run at night! lol. im going to add a straight tail light also so i can see it from behind better. Driving at night is a trick. lol

and one other quick mod. this has bothered me since i bought this thing. Its MUCH better now. lol
DSCN6709.jpg
DSCN6710.jpg
DSCN6711.jpg

DSCN6712.jpg

I found some steel rod i had in my parts bin, and made a couple new hd crash bars. they work decently, but are pretty heavy, so have to relearn how to turn with them on. will still try to get some 5mm nylon rod somewhere.

Last edited:
i was able to get my OWB out and get a new one back in the plastic gear, So im back to being Mobile. WOOO HOOO> Keep me moving.

been running Great again! YIPPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... lol

got 2 5200 MAH Turnigy 2s Hard Case lipos on the way from Hobby King.

18.88 per lipo, both shipped to the states for under 50.00 total. SCHWING!

Bikes been working great with the new OWB. got a spare in the box atm, also. still waiting to get the metal large planetary gear to get in stock, but so far, the stockers been fine, and not sure about he additional rotating mass.

took it with me to work last week, burnt a few packs thru it in the parking lot and around this grass mound along the parking lot, but the grass was pretty tall, so it didnt go bad, but not the greatest. so after a couple packs on the lot, my rear knobbys are all but gone. WOO HOO, now i can take the dremal and sanding drum to the rest of them and clean them up a bit, then glue this Badlands 1/8th tire i have waiting to go on, and get a new gnarly looking rear knobby for the dirt.

anyone find a good pavement tire for these yet? the chocolates look good, but i would think would wear really fast on the blacktop? need a good street tire/slick for when all thats around is a lot.

also ordered 2 Turnigy 2s 5000mah hard cases from Hobby King. they shipped Tuesday. should be here in a couple days. found a guy selling a CC 5700 for a good price, so i bought that today that is being shippped today, and here in a while im going to pick up an EZRun 4300kv. my fiego is on its way out, needs new bearings and likely an armature. so last week i re installed the stock motor, but this will be coming out today so the 4300 im getting today will go in. then im selling the stock ESC/BL motor if anyone is interested in it.

lots going on, but still waiting for that video for the Venom.

i seen a seller on ebay selling OnRoad slicks now for the DX and M5s. looks like the chocolate, but is toated as an onroad tire. may have to get a set once i sell the esc/motor.

heading to Turtle Daves in the am to run the bajas and bike and hang with Shredhead and Joe O for the day. hope to get some vid of it running.

was going to run today, but we got dumped on. prolly 1/2 inch in an hr. so its WET WET WET. and we ALL know how well Castle loves the wet. lol NOT.

SO i took to doing some repairs and another mod to mine.
had to fix on of the crash bar holders so it was stay put, broke the bolt last week. check over the other holders and all is ok.

had to redo the rear shock. lost the bottom retaining clip, so the shock was blown out with no oil, only spring action. lol BUT, last week while i was at Silver Lake with the HPI Bajas, i ran it around the camp site. Went quite good. had alot of the fellow campers as well as most of us baja fruits watching it. was pretty bouncy due to the oil less rear shock. but over all was fun, and seemed to get some interest, not only from the Baja guys, but other SL afficienados as well.

Too Bad i didnt/don't have a sand paddle and front sand wheel for it. i think it would of went over quite well out in the dunes, If only for a paddle. Trying to find one of the old 1/8th scale PL paddles is about as easy as capping a leaking well, that only a mile deep. pretty much impossible.

that was it for repairs, Oh expect i had to put another bolt in to holde the front fender on. lost one at some point.

as far as the mod, i just took the dremmel, and killed off the rest of the knobbys on the stock rear tire as it was about hit. the parking lot running at the hotel in the last couple weeks has taken its toll. heh.
after i got the tire down to a slick. i test fit up the 1/8th PL Badlands tire over the stocker. checked it out for afew mins, determined what i had to do to make it fit, and commenced to getting it done.

heres a pic of it with the new rear re tread. I wasnt safe or keen on being clean with the glue, my purpose was to adhear the new Badlands to the stock tire, to ensure no slipping or ballooning ect...

DSCN6764.jpg
DSCN6766.jpg
DSCN6763.jpg

not to bad really.

handling was pretty good, (no worse than stock anyways). extra ground clearnance and ofcourse scale looks was sweet as hell also.

down side, is i only had one 3s LiFe to use, so it was charge, wait for recharge, charge, wait for recharge, ect.. overall it would work pretty well. though i didnt get any more runtime, i did have the extra voltage, which was nice, but at 3600mah, it wasnt a significant differance. if we could get say an 8000 or a 10,000 LiFe cell, and go 3S on that, it would be pretty nice overall.

ive not scrapped the idea, but until more MAH cells are avail and affordable, its on the back burner.

I needed brushless setup for rustler, new member of my rc family. So logical place to get it fast was from anderson bike. 4000kv with 3s moves rustler like hell. So I needed new brushless setup for bike. And there is no sense to buy similar or weaker motor. And I ordered ezrun 6000kv. Boy that became one sick puppy:w00t: . Actually it wheelies at any speed... and I mean any speed in bigbigbig apshalt place. I needed to adjust epa from controller to have any controll to bike. How about installing gyro to throttle.... Gyro is so unknown territitory to me so would it be possible. Or maybe i just need 2s lipo. I am sure that with this setup I can start moaning about bikes durability... :eek:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks