Advice on clone purchase. Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesman

I have found these on ebay what do you guy's think would be a the best buy for a newbie 1/5 scale rc. :helpsmilie:

http://cgi.ebay.com/King-Motor-Baja-KSRC-001-23cc-Buggy-1-5-Scale-RC-Gas-KM_W0QQitemZ280484065716QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item414e2731b4

http://cgi.ebay.com/Upgraded-King-Motor-Baja-1-5-Scale-Orange-Aluminum-23cc_W0QQitemZ280483957512QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item414e258b08

He does offer a tuned pipe for both for 29.99.
I am having second thoughts about pulling the trigger on one of these buggies.I could use some of your help in what is a good buy.I did contact dancl?but he is out of stock untill late apr,just can't wait that long.

From what i have heard the king motors 23cc cars are junk. Buy the upgraded 29cc car with apgrades to the shocks,servo,and a bunch of other stuff i cant remember. If you search ebay buy from dancl4 he sells the 29cc cars for the best price i found. From what i read about the 23cc cars,almost everybody was unhappy with them. My 29cc king motors baja is a BLAST. I beat the hell out of it and the only thing that has broke so far is the rear shock tower.

Forget about the 23cc jobbies from KM.....go straight to the top with a fully loaded alloy version with the 29cc + pipe.

Voo will be able to steer you in the right direction as to where to get one.

The Rovansport clones are awesome also....but you would still want to get a 26 or 29cc one.

Or even the new 30.5cc version.

See them here....https://www.predatorrc.com.au/index.php?cPath=31

Not sure what the shipping cost would be to the us though....

Yeh go or the 29cc alloy version, 3 of us in flintshire uk have bought them and mine is starting to loosen up now, it flys bud. i've had no probs yet. :):)

If you can afford that 1 then go for it :cool2: Its not a bad buggy by any means and you can always hop it up at a later date when you have the funds available. My marder is completely stock with no ally in sight & I still have the same fun as the next guy who has spent a fortune :cool2: That is what is good about this hobby :)

having some plastic on an off road is a good thing. you need a break point somewhere, might as wel be the easiest part to replace and one iof the cheapest. otherwise it can rip a whole end off, bulkheads, chassis tweak etc. all alloy on road sure, as we are not jumping and don't need any flex, but off road I have always had plastic arms

Don't buy anything you cant get parts for..The cheap price doesn't mean anything if you don't have the support behind it...save your money and get a redcat/hpi/fg/ or mcd..somebody on this and other large scale forums is always selling a good used one with some upgrades already installed..

I understand the HPI parts can be used as a upgrade to the King motor buggies.So when it breaks I have that as a back-up.I have been in RC for sometime,just not large scale.So I do realize how important support is.I received help and have given out my share to others as well.Just trying to figure out my plan of attack.I have sold all of my 1/10 trucks/buggies,so I am eager to get rolling again.Just what to do.Thank you all for your input.

Personally the 29cc king motors baja i bought i am completely happy with. i plan on buying some aluminum arms and other parts but as stated want some platic for a weak spot when crashed hard. I paid $600 to my door and it came with extra a arms and other parts and extra aluminum parts. DANLC4 is the man to talk to in the USA about these. He is a member here and the other hpibaja forum. He stand behind his cars he sells and he is the cheapest in the USA. My wife looked and he was #1!

having some plastic on an off road is a good thing. you need a break point somewhere, might as wel be the easiest part to replace and one iof the cheapest. otherwise it can rip a whole end off, bulkheads, chassis tweak etc. all alloy on road sure, as we are not jumping and don't need any flex, but off road I have always had plastic arms

pipe yea spot on there, when voo,s k,m alloy ran away on him it landed from about 5ft on to the tarmac road on its front right hand lower arm, and no the arm did,nt snap but in the prosess bent the chassis and the top plate, if the arms had have been plastic yes they would have snapped but maybe the chassis etc,, would,nt have bent??? and it could have been a quick inexspencive fix.

Personally the 29cc king motors baja i bought i am completely happy with. i plan on buying some aluminum arms and other parts but as stated want some platic for a weak spot when crashed hard. I paid $600 to my door and it came with extra a arms and other parts and extra aluminum parts. DANLC4 is the man to talk to in the USA about these. He is a member here and the other hpibaja forum. He stand behind his cars he sells and he is the cheapest in the USA. My wife looked and he was #1!

Thank you He did contact me and he is waiting for them to come back in stock. :(
I need to contact him and get a price for my buggy.

How long did he say before he has them? I can tell you this,he stand behind his cars. Mine had a bad rear hub and servo and he replaced them both. You wont be disappointed with the 29cc car trust me. IT IS A BLAST..And can take a beating.

Midwestguy69,
I believe he told me in April? I need to send him email for a price quote and times.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks