Advice on clone purchase. Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking at the purple alum models and the orange models.(Not the full alloy version outta my price range) Shock tops and wheel nuts? Is there really a big difference with the two? I only see the alum diff and maybe the road tires.And is the pipe upgrade that should be done right from the start? I am looking @ the orange version with the 29cc upgrade buggy,I think that should start me off for now.Any thoughts ??
Thanks

I am looking at the purple alum models and the orange models.(Not the full alloy version outta my price range) Shock tops and wheel nuts? Is there really a big difference with the two? I only see the alum diff and maybe the road tires.And is the pipe upgrade that should be done right from the start? I am looking @ the orange version with the 29cc upgrade buggy,I think that should start me off for now.Any thoughts ??
Thanks

A decent pipe will bring to engine to life :rockon: The 29cc in std form flies by all accounts. Voo & Jacko have just got the alloy version & love em ;)

Thanks

coopy coopy on here got that model, its still got the 29cc and the dom, type exhaust, as for the diff make sure the smaller inner casing is alloy, the bigger outer casing is plastic on most baja,s hpi km,s etc,,

Hey fellas new here and to the world of 1/5, always been a nitro basher,,,,,have been reading with interest King Motor baja, and all the different versions you guys are discussing.....

Have been on the RC Modelz website and ready to pull the trigger on this one http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/product/King-Motor-KSRC2.0-29cc.php, is this the one I want or are the other ones, that are out of stock the ones I should be looking at........I am in the UK by the way.

Thanks in advance and hope to contriubute to this forum

Welcome to LSF bud. Where in the UK are you? Update your location!!
Yeah mate thats the 1 you want....quick pull the trigger :gunsmilie: You will love it :rockon:

Hey fellas new here and to the world of 1/5, always been a nitro basher,,,,,have been reading with interest King Motor baja, and all the different versions you guys are discussing.....

Have been on the RC Modelz website and ready to pull the trigger on this one http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/product/King-Motor-KSRC2.0-29cc.php, is this the one I want or are the other ones, that are out of stock the ones I should be looking at........I am in the UK by the way.

Thanks in advance and hope to contriubute to this forum

welcome to lsf mate, you won,t go far wrong with the km 2.0 they a very good buggy and for 5ton worth every penny , parts are very easy to get most hpi baja parts will fit, and parts availability is what to look out for when buying any rc car, what part of the uk are you from.:ninja:

Thanks Dwarfy..........

Well got the King Motors 2.0 ordered last night so hopefully see it in a couple of days...........out of interest what kind of failsafe/killswitch are you guys running or recommend and what 2 stroke oil should I get??

Im sure the KM you have ordered comes with a 2.4ghz TX that has a failsafe built into it. As for a killswitch......hmmmmm......I don't run 1 yet on my marder as Im still not convinced they are fully sorted. Voo has just had problems where his week old KM ran fine until he fitted a killswitch then as soon as he fitted it, it ran off on him, killswitch didnt work & he ended up with a trashed buggy. Jacko didnt fit 1 to hos KM & his runs fine.

I have used King Cobra racing venom 2 stroke oil (gold bottle) for just over a year with no problems. Its about £8 / L from Rossendale Models but others use Castrol A747, Amsoil sabre,......There is a thread in the engine section and possibly 1 in the general section. Do a search & it should find them for you.

Here is my KM 29cc alloy version VM, had it a couple of months now and too bought it from RCmodelz.
When you get it i'd advise you check every nut and bolt as they do come with a few loose, i've not had any probs so far, well none with the car its self, just snapped the screw that holds the servo horn onto the steering servo :confused::confused: , mustn't have checked that 1. I've had about 3 tanks through it now and it's starting to loosen up and getting some good accelaration. :scooter::devil::scooter:

It does come with a Fail Safe too which is fitted to the 2.4 controller so no need to buy another, if you're going to fit a Kill Switch make sure its compatible as Voo2doo had 1 on his and it failed big time and ending up trying to meet the front end up with the back of the new KM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks