Advice on clone purchase. Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which comedy act ?? :clap:

Cannon and Ball
Laurel and Hardy
Morecome And Wise
Ant and Dec
Bob and Spit the dog
Sooty and Sweep
Rod Hull and Emu

can you lot think of anymore. :lol::lol::lol:

Which comedy act ?? :clap:

Cannon and Ball
Laurel and Hardy
Morecome And Wise
Ant and Dec
Bob and Spit the dog
Sooty and Sweep
Rod Hull and Emu

can you lot think of anymore. :lol::lol::lol:

For me its got to be Laurel and Hardy lol,
they always gave each other the blame.

What was up with the fs truggy then, that was lagging a bit

Here is my KM 29cc alloy version VM, had it a couple of months now and too bought it from RCmodelz.
When you get it i'd advise you check every nut and bolt as they do come with a few loose, i've not had any probs so far, well none with the car its self, just snapped the screw that holds the servo horn onto the steering servo :confused::confused: , mustn't have checked that 1. I've had about 3 tanks through it now and it's starting to loosen up and getting some good accelaration. :scooter::devil::scooter:

It does come with a Fail Safe too which is fitted to the 2.4 controller so no need to buy another, if you're going to fit a Kill Switch make sure its compatible as Voo2doo had 1 on his and it failed big time and ending up trying to meet the front end up with the back of the new KM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN54CAggd6M

Looks sweet mate...........understood on the nut and bolt thing, I've had a few nitros so not a complete noob..........whats the score with running these things in then...........any recommended needle settings.........hope there not as much a pain in the arse as a nitro to run in!!

What was up with the fs truggy then, that was lagging a bit
He just fitted new steel gears, but unknown to him 1 of the e-clips came off resulting in that gear sliding forward and slipping which chewed up all the other3 gears with it. £70 down the drain.:crying:

Looks sweet mate...........understood on the nut and bolt thing, I've had a few nitros so not a complete noob..........whats the score with running these things in then...........any recommended needle settings.........hope there not as much a pain in the arse as a nitro to run in!!

I was going to run it in gently but ended up just running it as i would my other, full throttle, seems to have done the trick as its starting to loosen up nicely.
As for the setting start with factory then adjust if required.;)

Well either I have to settle for the Km 23cc orange version.Or I have wait till I have enough coin for the HPI buggy.Don't think I can wait till then.I just do not want another Nitro truck or electric,I have been down that road too many times.I just know I will sell those trucks again to fund my large scale version."What to Do".

I thought you were ordering the KM but with 29cc upgrade?? The HPI only has a 23cc engine in it. They rev a tad higher than a bigger engine so good top end. A decent pipe will bring it alive. GET THE PLASTIC OUT & GET 1 ORDERED :santa::clap::happybday::cup-1::celebrate:

I thought you were ordering the KM but with 29cc upgrade?? The HPI only has a 23cc engine in it. They rev a tad higher than a bigger engine so good top end. A decent pipe will bring it alive. GET THE PLASTIC OUT & GET 1 ORDERED :santa::clap::happybday::cup-1::celebrate:

If only I can hide the visa bill :eek:mg: Yes I do have that truck in my sights,just don't know what to pull the trigger on. the Km does have a big bore kit avail for 59.00 difference.How hard of a task is this to do? So with the big bore kit should change the 23cc to 29cc (right)

I will do this:::: :w00t:

If only I can hide the visa bill :eek:mg: Yes I do have that truck in my sights,just don't know what to pull the trigger on. the Km does have a big bore kit avail for 59.00 difference.How hard of a task is this to do? So with the big bore kit should change the 23cc to 29cc (right)

I will do this:::: :w00t:

just depending on what your going to do with the baja ..if your going to race then a 23cc would be the go ...if your going to bash then go the bigger engine..

km baja's are ok it just depends on how or what your driving / bashing hard is. i have seen some people bash that they think there driving /bashing hard but is quite placid...
i race the kl4wd baja in the avatar shown and it has quite impressed me..also drive a 2wd baja

Well my KM all alloy Baja turned up yesterday, bloody hell this thing is mahoosive stood next to my 1/8th Team Losi truggy, looks all nice and beefy, going over it now checking nuts and bolts etc.

Got some quick questions though, so bear with me as this is my first 1/5th.

1. Do you have to oil the filter if so the inner, outer or both am going to put an outerwears on it also........and whats the easiest way to get it out, does the roll cage have to come off?
2. Receiver box, again easiest way to get into it, does the rollcage have to come off?
3. Can someone describe the best method for getting the roll cage off anyways?
4. I have a killer Bees kill switch on order. but assume that to get at the wiring on the back of the kill switch on the car, that the fan cover has to come off? is all the bolts on the front to remove this or are there two underneath that have to come off also?
5. Anything else I should be checking/getting before starting her up?

Thanks for all your help, excuse my ignorance and noob questions

Its not too bad too do what your asking, its a good way of getting to know the car by taling thing off etc.

I'd defo oil your filter for starters. Do the inner and pos do the inside of the outter.
You will have to take the cage of as its a pain otherwise. there are 2 clips on either side of the front mounts, then take the wing off (again 2 clips), the way i do mine is to take the 2 bolts out on the rear left upper (the brace) and the top bolt out of the right upper, undo the rear left top shock bolt and remove and then you can lift the rear brace up enough to get the cage through.
Again this is what you do to open the receiver box.

Not sure a the Kill switch but you'll get your answer from the guys pretty soon.

Make sure your battery is fully charged.
Maybe check the carb setting, should be already set but its worth a check, Low 1 1/4 turns out, High 1 1/2 turns out.

Hope this makes sense. if not i'll take some pics.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks