Advice on Losi dbxl e 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 good lipos will run you at least $200 USD
You’ll run for 20-30’min
Not to mention the couple hours they take to charge....
Or remembering to stabilize them after your done playing...

1 gallon of 93+ octane at the gas station $3 USD
You will get sick of playing before you run outta gas..... and if you store the fuel properly it will last 1-2 months easy

Tuning is extremely simple, Instructions are clearly posted online ??

So ill start with I Have one of the earlier dbxl, I've had it going on 6 years. I bought it used. The early versions had a lot of bugs, from the feed back I get these days it seems most of them have been ironed out. I even think the chassis may be a bit thicker, but tbh I've not had the chassis flex issues some have had. The drive line (CV and shafts) remain an issue as well as the shocks. Although they seem to be a bit better now too. I haven't heard too much complaining about the bell holder melting, or diff melting issues. Any more it's nice to see that an entry level 1/5 is making so many happy. In honesty I would have bought a 5ive t if I had a do over. I know fixing and upgrading is part of the fun, but I've dumped so much coin into mine I could never part with it. But its held up well now the bugs are worked out. Just my 2c

I like my DBXL-E 2.0. I run with a heavy foot, so I go through batteries pretty quick. If I'm focusing on controlled jumping or running in a smaller area, I definitely get a good bit longer runs. I keep meaning to time my runs, but I forget and just have a blast!

With a heavy f
So ill start with I Have one of the earlier dbxl, I've had it going on 6 years. I bought it used. The early versions had a lot of bugs, from the feed back I get these days it seems most of them have been ironed out. I even think the chassis may be a bit thicker, but tbh I've not had the chassis flex issues some have had. The drive line (CV and shafts) remain an issue as well as the shocks. Although they seem to be a bit better now too. I haven't heard too much complaining about the bell holder melting, or diff melting issues. Any more it's nice to see that an entry level 1/5 is making so many happy. In honesty I would have bought a 5ive t if I had a do over. I know fixing and upgrading is part of the fun, but I've dumped so much coin into mine I could never part with it. But its held up well now the bugs are worked out. Just my 2c
whats your average run time ?

I haven't had an RC car in about 20 years.. been looking into the Losi DBXL-E 2.0 ... I see both sides to the story here as far as run time and costs etc... Just curious how the gas powered ones feel vs the electric as far as throttle response and what not.. To me i feel like gas would feel "laggy" vs electrics instant power?

I haven't had an RC car in about 20 years.. been looking into the Losi DBXL-E 2.0 ... I see both sides to the story here as far as run time and costs etc... Just curious how the gas powered ones feel vs the electric as far as throttle response and what not.. To me i feel like gas would feel "laggy" vs electrics instant power?
I think they both have instant power, it's just electric car's instant power is more vicious, that is until you get into the big bore territory for the gas cars. I never feel that the gas cars are laggy, just less than the electric, if that makes sense.

Hello everyone my names Steven, this is first post
Hope everyone’s doing well

Please forgive me ahead of time for any stupid questions or things I may ask or say : )

I’m super new to this hobby/sport and me and my grandkids are enjoying it a ton!

I searched and found this thread

My questions are about batteries for Losi dbxl 2.0
I ordered the 4s 8000mah 100c 14.8v
but Powerryhobby sent me the 8000 120c HV + Graphene 15.2v
I know Losi Recommends at least 10014.8v
will 120c 15.2 v be ok to run on stock everything
Thank you

Send it back and get the right stuff, these things are picky enough about voltage, and really that would/should be asked to horizon the owners of the losi brand. But I will guess they will say no go as well.

Thank you appreciate your help

Was wondering if you think it would be ok to run a 4s 80c as opposed to the recommended 4s 100c

Been reading people saying there’s not really much difference in a battery with 80c compared to a battery with 100c

Thank you

I typically buy the highest c rated battery I can find, first the battery will run cooler, and last longer from not being worked so hard. More of a preference thing, but the battery is the fuel for your rig and better quality fuel leads to a better running rig imo

Thank you again!

learning as I go

I had another question
I ran my DBXL 2.0 for first time today!

Noticed after about 20 minutes on and off the motor was burning hot could not keep my finger on it for to long

When I got home I noticed in the middle of the inside chassis looks to be a small amount of oil or oily substance
Is this normal

Forgive me guys I’m really clueless at this point but plan on learning as I go

Trying to see if it’s ok to inquire what my Losi is worth
Can not post on marketplace
Must increase post count

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks