After 2 years of contemplating... Ima build a Vekta!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Victory RC Kraken Vekta 32cc Exhaust Pipe - Non-Silenced. Just picked this up from DDM deal of the day for $189.

It is the first part of many I will be gathering to start the Kraken build that I have been contemplating for 2 years!

It has been a while since I did my "kraken shopping list" thread. I am going to start with the chassis and get the electronics and motor later unless they pop up on the "deal of the day" like the exhaust did.

kv153 - Vertigo Vekta.5 Clutch Carrier Unit
kv168 - Vertigo Vekta.5/TT Rear Carrier Plate w/Bearings
kv167 - Vertigo Vekta.5 Trans. Upper Brace w/Bearing
Vertigo gear set
Haric machined battery tray

Any other absolute necessities for the chassis? I want to build it up nice and sturdy but not go overboard on parts that can be left alone.
Well, I just put in my order for the Kraken Kit from DDM racing. There is no going back now!

Last edited:
Bud, i built a vekta last year That I literally ran in the yard for 3 minutes. I would make you a hell of a deal on it. Chassis minus steering servo, engine and wheels.
Check out my build thread on it.
Practically new condition

Last edited:
Bud, i built a vekta last year That I literally ran in the yard for 3 minutes. I would make you a hell of a deal on it. Chassis minus steering servo, engine and wheels.
Check out my build thread on it.
Practically new condition
I'm sure someone on here will want it, but I'm in it for the thrill of the build! I love starting with a box of parts and making it my own. That, and my kit is already on its way to my house...

After research and opinions from ya'll, here is what is in my cart at DDM. I already purchased the kit, a victory pipe, and super bee kill switch.

:RCR Brake Upgrade Kit for Kraken Vekta.5
:Complete Vertigo transmission+19/22 gears
:Vertigo Vekta.5 Upper Link Mount
:VEKTA.5 KV6107 Billet HD Front Diff Housing Set
DDM Racing 7.4v 7000mAh LiPo RX Battery Pack
:ESP Ported Zenoah G340RC 34.02cc 4-Bolt Engine
:Hitec D-845WP x2

Any final thoughts before I purchase?

After research and opinions from ya'll, here is what is in my cart at DDM. I already purchased the kit, a victory pipe, and super bee kill switch.

:RCR Brake Upgrade Kit for Kraken Vekta.5
:Complete Vertigo transmission+19/22 gears
:Vertigo Vekta.5 Upper Link Mount
:VEKTA.5 KV6107 Billet HD Front Diff Housing Set
DDM Racing 7.4v 7000mAh LiPo RX Battery Pack
:ESP Ported Zenoah G340RC 34.02cc 4-Bolt Engine
:Hitec D-845WP x2

Any final thoughts before I purchase?
You definitely want these.
https://www.ddmracing.com/WheelMan-Designz-Kraken-Vekta.5-Trailing-Arm-Heim-Joint-Kits

I wouldn’t worry about those. The trailing arm heims are most important. A lot of weight and stress there.
Also the stock front diff case is a joke. I went with the kraken alloy diff case which is pretty legit.
Here is a picture from my build of aftermarket parts i used

Attachments

• 29F9D657-6A8E-4005-BFA2-9A5BAE2902F8.jpeg
    29F9D657-6A8E-4005-BFA2-9A5BAE2902F8.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 11
I wouldn’t worry about those. The trailing arm heims are most important. A lot of weight and stress there.
Also the stock front diff case is a joke. I went with the kraken alloy diff case which is pretty legit.
Here is a picture from my build of aftermarket parts i used
Are those Mad Max Giant Knobs? How did you like those on the Vekta. I had a set on the DBXL-E 2.0 and they were awesome.

Yes they are. I love them. Putting a set on the front of my baja bigbore build currently.

Attachments

• 03572AF2-4408-4A8D-A130-5FBD036D9C73.jpeg
    03572AF2-4408-4A8D-A130-5FBD036D9C73.jpeg
    892.2 KB · Views: 10
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks