Again...Kraton 8S or DBXL-E 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSF123

Just getting into this hobby a bit. Picked up a Traxxas Maxx about a month ago. Prior to getting the Maxx, I was between the Kraton 8s and the XMaxx; ended up choosing the regular Maxx. Been thinking about picking up something else and have been eyeing the Kraton 8s and the DBXL-E 2.0. I have not found many comparisons online; beyond size and components. Plenty of bashing, unboxing, and etc. on YT but comparing the two, outside of size, has been difficult to find.

It seems to me these two models are capable of running over the same terrain? Also both seem to have the ability to jump a bit? Are there any real big differences between the two I should know about? Appreciate it!

Last edited:
If it was my money I would go for the Losi. the arrrma just looks like a cheap design tbh with parts like the chassis stiffeners that look like afterthoughts. looking at the arma it’s not really beefy enough to be a decent 1/5 scale.
when you start looking at parts like drive shafts, suspension arms ect, you can see where the extra money is going IMO
B6916554-4781-4762-9DB5-D62D7BAA5795.jpeg
4D0A968B-E1FD-488C-814B-0B877DC38E88.jpeg

make sure u do the every nut/bolt/hex chk before u run it?as quality control can ...lets say b shite at times :rolleyes: even at places like losi...?

Thanks for that! I began to notice that trend while watching YT videos; will check things over for sure.

make sure u do the every nut/bolt/hex chk before u run it?as quality control can ...lets say b shite at times :rolleyes: even at places like losi...?
Yep, the pinion will slide back on the motor probably on your first or second run. Grab some loctite. I tried using the hobby town blue and it didn’t work. Lasted one run before it was loose again.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks