Air Fliter and Tuned Pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooterpilot

Hi all you LSF members. I've just ordered my first gasser, a Loss FiveT 2.0. Besides the kill switch there are only two upgrades I wish to purchase at this time. 1. An after market air filter. I don't care what it looks like, I only care about the functionality of the filter and availability of spares for it. There are many after market airfilters and I want the one with the best seal when bolted to the carb (won't warp and no air leaks) and removes dust and dirt. I want to take advantage of Black Friday sales, but I'm clueless on which one to buy. Suggestions please. 2. The other upgrade I'm looking at is a tuned pipe. I read some tuned pipes don't clear the throttle servo and require additional mods. I'm looking for a bolt on pipe. As the 2.0 is a re-designed truck, should I wait for after market vendors to develop pipe(s) for the 2.0 (I'm willing to wait) or is there something I can purchase that will bolt on without having to modify the truck. Again, I'd like to take advantage of Black Friday pricing.

Regards,

Chuck

pipe oilmat but you will have to wait until they get the problem of the servo horn hitting the spring on the pipe sorted out.
air filter the HPI stock Baja filter is the best with the turtle racing billet air filter box.
DDM has these on there Black Friday sale now.the tr air box.

that is what I am using.
you will have to get thr foam filter and a redneck outer filter and a outerware too.

I wanted a bartalone silenced pipe for the 2.0 but nobody had one
mike taylor said he had a oilmat silenced pipe that would fit the 2.0 so I bought it.
didn't fit.

Dirby, thanks. I think I'm going to wait awhile before I put a tuned pipe on to ensure proper fitment of the revised 2.0 chassis.

Waiting is probably gonna be the best option for you....but if you don't wanna wait...a pipe with a straight header or a header that curves up may be your only option...

Today, I installed the Bartolone pipe in my 2.0 :) I had to cut an allen wrench to access the bolt on the right side of the exhaust. I believe there is a stud you can buy in lieu of using the bolt. I just couldn't remember who is selling it. The stud would make the installation much less painful.

Attachments

• tuned pipe1.JPG
    tuned pipe1.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 30
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks