DBXL Air Intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't even make sense bro. Never heard of an overly rich condition blowing up an engine. Maybe someone can elaborate on this theory so I can get a better grasp on it.
It doesn't make sense to me, but when I changed over to the stock filter I haven't had a problem. I've owned a hpi 5sc baja for about 9 years and never hurt a motor. I know how to tune. I bought my losi about a year ago and when I tried that airbox that's when I had trouble. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I run mainly on grass/baseball fields, the onley think is that I noticed with the losi is a lot of grass builds up around the motor and may cause it to over heat. The thing is I do break in my motors and when I finally start going wot and bashing it didn't take long to hurt the motor and that's my high needle set at 1 3/4 and low at 1 1/4. I should be able to lean it out bit but a little gun shy. Like I said any suggestions would be appreciated.

Grass build up is common due to the flywheel acting as a fan too. Just the nature of the air cooled engine. Can you elaborate on "hurting" the engine? Lean seize? Metal transfer? Etc. Can't fault an air box for that if the engine runs that means its working. Im going to say there's a fault in your carb. But so we don't hijack this thread start one for your issue and we can all jump over there and help you out (y) @Gordo...

Cant say I've ever blown an engine.... yet. And those that followed my dbxl thread saw the inside of that g320 with gallons and gallons of fuel through it. Next to no wear internally. So I cant see how it's the air transfer boxes problem for you "blowing an engine"

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks