DBXL Air Intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James H.

I am about to be installing a OBR G320 Reed Case Motor in my DBXL. I know my K&N airfilter is going to protrude outside the cage a little more than it does now, but I am curious about a new intake that would move the air filter to the front of my engine, and more inside the cage. There are some Turtle Racing Air Billet Intake Boxes for the Losi 5T, but I'm wondering if there is anything similar to this for the DBXL?? Or is there something else anyone knows of that would bring my airfilter inside the cage or just something to better help protect my airfilter from the influx of dirt that will be coming off the front tires after I install almost a 10 hp engine. Lmao!!

Thanks for any info guys!

James

I ended up using the Turtle Racing billet intake. I had to notch out the cage a little because it does touch the cage. Overall I'm very happy with it.
20180507_151500.jpg

Is that a Reed Case Engine? Sean @ OBR Racing told me the Reed Case would extend my air filter outside the cage 1/2” more than it does now with the K&N filter.
Ahhhhh. I see. No, I don't have a reed case. I don't think the Turtle Racing intake would work with a reed case. It's a tightvfit as it is. You might want to look into a Crazy Stu's intake.

Ahhhhh. I see. No, I don't have a reed case. I don't think the Turtle Racing intake would work with a reed case. It's a tightvfit as it is. You might want to look into a Crazy Stu's intake.
I see. Well thanks anyways for trying. Now I know the TR Box would fit with stock set up. :)

I appreciate the offer but it wouldn’t fit on my DBXL. I have a Reed Case so the carb is already within an inch of my cage. Thanks tho!

That does look pretty cool! Thanks for that. I will keep this in mind if I ever have to change from the filter I have now. Kinda worries me that it sticks outside the body so much, but I’ll keep it in mind. Great pic! What roll cage is that?

The turtle air box does not supply enough air to the motor. I blew up 3 motors before I realized what was happening. I like turtle products but this billet air box sucks. DO NOT BUY. I was using it on a ported 32cc.

The turtle air box does not supply enough air to the motor. I blew up 3 motors before I realized what was happening. I like turtle products but this billet air box sucks. DO NOT BUY. I was using it on a ported 32cc.
That doesn't even make sense bro. Never heard of an overly rich condition blowing up an engine. Maybe someone can elaborate on this theory so I can get a better grasp on it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGuhL4U2WyjdkaY/giphy.gif
Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

I don't own one but, I and 99.999999% of all TR air box owners are going to disagree with you.

Oh hey, welcome to the forum.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks