Aluminum or plastic carb insulator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually cheap engine manufactures will use a plastic insulator ,but a good quality commercial engine manufacture
doesn't use neither aluminum nor plastic ,they use bakelite in which will last longer than the engine life on a engiine
that runs all day long ,every day for 20 years ,I know ,I still have that 20 year old engine ,an it still kicks arse!....

I would have to get my baja out of the shed to see what it has ,probably the cheap plastic one ,but that's ok!
I have a drawer full of the commercial bakelites that I can swap out!

Thanks to this thread ,I can check it out ,the Bakelites are not black in color ,they are a reddish or a dark orange color!...:cool:

If you can show me somewhere that OBR has told you billet manifolds are junk and to not run them then I would like to see that but I seriously doubt that would come from Sean of Dan

this is the mail from Sean saying that the alloy manifolds give crap(y):LOL:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019, 19:11 Sean O'Neill <[email protected] wrote:

It doesn't appear that the coil is rubbing after watching your video. The noise I'm hearing is just your fingers rubbing the fins while you're turning the flywheel right? Did you try temporarily disconnecting the killer bee? You don't need to remove it from the coil and you can just unplug the grey wire. Also in the video I see you're running a billet manifold with a teflon gasket. Those are very prone to leaking and a leak is not always visible. I would try putting the stock manifold back on while you're troubleshooting to rule it out.

proof in the pudding:unsure:(y)
if you like ill forward the email to you @Frenimy (y)

Last edited:
this is the mail from Sean saying that the alloy manifolds give crap(y):LOL:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019, 19:11 Sean O'Neill <[email protected] wrote:

It doesn't appear that the coil is rubbing after watching your video. The noise I'm hearing is just your fingers rubbing the fins while you're turning the flywheel right? Did you try temporarily disconnecting the killer bee? You don't need to remove it from the coil and you can just unplug the grey wire. Also in the video I see you're running a billet manifold with a teflon gasket. Those are very prone to leaking and a leak is not always visible. I would try putting the stock manifold back on while you're troubleshooting to rule it out.

proof in the pudding:unsure:(y)
if you like ill forward the email to you @Frenimy (y)

I can only assume that alloy manifolds are no good only because OBR doesn't sell them?

I can only assume that alloy manifolds are no good only because OBR doesn't sell them?
I dismissed it at first and thought how can this be right ? nobody is pissed about this more than me ?? I dropped $40 on a manifold that dose not work right. And any one who pays the shippimg I'll send you the alloy manifold for free ?? POS!?

I dismissed it at first and thought how can this be right ? nobody is pissed about this more than me ?? I dropped $40 on a manifold that dose not work right. And any one who pays the shippimg I'll send you the alloy manifold for free ?? POS!?

I've had mine on for about 5 years.
Never had a problem.
If OBR sold them they might have a different opinion of them?
Would never consider going back to plastic.
I'll take you up on that offer when you get here.
Don't forget to pack it.

Yip it might be the straw that broke the camels back when im packing up? i may have to launch it with a drop kick???????????
Nah ill bring it for you Phill?
So many questions? So few answers?

I run a aluminum manifold with no issues. I don’t think it’s a place where plastic composite belongs.
I am installing alum. intake with cooling fins.Do I need insulator?
Pic? There is so many out there? All the aluminum intakes come with Teflon gaskets.

It's 1 or the other with the insulator, and you NEED so.e sort of delrin or nylon between the carb and aluminum insulator otherwise you will have a vapor lock condition.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks