Am I the only one who loves spending money on completely Overkill/unnecessary stuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't enjoy spending the money but I do like building to the highest level.

We decided to do Mini Z racing this winter, all my friends bought Kyosho cars. I was looking at Atomic, Jomurema, Mini Q, finally ordering a GL Racing GLR. Wednesday I show up with 7 sets of rear tires in differant compounds and tread patterns. I was informed I was going overboard again, lol.

20190121_203621.jpg

I fear doing that and I'll try not do it. I'll take the plunge on a high-powered, high-end engine and the absolute necessary parts to beef up the drive train and breakable stuff but I refuse to break the bank for a shelf queen just for likes and InnaNet pics.

I get it though... this hobby can be fun, the tooling aspect a stress reliever and very addicting but unfortunately, very expen$ive. Regardless, I love seeing how far some of these cars go as far as modifications and hop-up parts.

Last edited:
Yeah.... I have lots of stuff I didnt really need tool wise. Was easy to do when I had the snap on guy stopping by every week. Although I'm not one to buy big ticket parts for the rc with out a good reason.

I recently spent an obscene amount of money to win a £10 bet at a drag race at santa pod... It's all about winning... Not that I'm competitive.... Not in the slightest.... Nope.....[emoji849]

Nowadays most of my money goes on keeping the misses and kids in the life they've become accustomed to.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I have a tendency to. But not headlessly. I needed a new PC last year and got one with a i7 6700k cpu a 1080Ti GPU ,64gb DDR4, a bitching
ROG SWIFT PG348Q monitor and a fancy case where I can kill almost all LED's (Hallelujah!). Overkill? Yes. Satisfied. Very. I don't upgrade for its own sake and very rarely. If I cant make it myself, then there need to be a practical problem or measurably solid extra performance before the ol backpocket mole see the light of day. Need new headaphones and I will get another pair of DT990PRO 600Ohm. Not cheap, but about as good as it gets unless you move into the bracket of things that are stupidly overpriced for very little real world gain. If our measurement instruments mean anything, anymore. With everybody and their dog suddenly having golden ears that can totally tell the difference between a properly encoded packed file vs a lossless format. Which they of course....fiddlesticking cannot. its physics, biotch!!! .....and psycho accoustics. Come closer to summer and more money will be sunk into my two gas fuelled 5or so HP money shredders. When their season start clean up is due.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks