Another one.... finally !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"no accidents" lets keep it that way!!! :ROFLMAO:

off topic I know, but I see Tamiya are starting to re-release the old touring cars like the audi a4 hopefully they will carry on with the volvo and ford Mondeo ect, wouldn't mind a new btcc fleet :ROFLMAO:

I did reply to this earlier but i think the site was playing up.

Yeah great for spare bodies although some of the Logos have either changed or are missing due to licensing. ?

I still have a NIB Audi A4 STW to build on the original ta03 chassis

I wish they release them on the original chassis and not just keep churning out the same budget tt02 kits

yes its a shame they keep using the tt02. I used to collect Tamiya kits but sold all of them a few years back when I got into racing 1/8.

in the grand scheme of things the Tamiya kits are relatively inexpensive and still fun to build. its strange using Philips crews to build a car once you have built a 1/5 scale. :ROFLMAO:

I think we all need a running video of the 1/5 Porsche bud!!!!:cool:

yes its a shame they keep using the tt02. I used to collect Tamiya kits but sold all of them a few years back when I got into racing 1/8.

in the grand scheme of things the Tamiya kits are relatively inexpensive and still fun to build. its strange using Philips crews to build a car once you have built a 1/5 scale. :ROFLMAO:

I think we all need a running video of the 1/5 Porsche bud!!!!:cool:
LOL...
Its hard to film and drive.

There's a couple on my Instagram. ?

I was due to go to Mendip for the day last Saturday but the guy I was meeting there couldn't make it. I should be going at the end of the month. I intend to get footage there for sure, maybe even purchase a go pro style camera for it

Last edited:
LOL...

I was due to go to Mendip for the day last Saturday but the guy I was meeting there couldn't make it. I should be going at the end of the month. I intend to get footage there for sure, maybe even purchase a go pro style camera for it

mmm sounds good. mendip looks awesome. are you racing or is it a practice day?

I have been contemplating a FG mini and racing at Mendip but its a bit of a drive lol takes just as long as to go to mmr I suppose.

Last edited:
LOL...

as in mendip raceway?...not far from me?

Yeah near weston super mare.

If you have brca membership, you can buy a track pass which is £10 a day. We were just going to go in order to practice I guess. I'm keen to see how good the car might be around a circuit and whether my hand-eye coordination is as good as it was back in 2005 when I last raced ?

I've got a feeling the car will be a tad soft for the track, but the rest of the setup is what's recommended. It certainly handles quite well now once the tyres come up to temp

I'd love to race 1/5 on road ?
Its just too expensive and it's not as popular as it was a few years back so there's less circuits.

Life goal would be enough money and a house with land to build my own and set up a small club... Lotto win is the only way that'll happen sadly lol

I think we're planning to go on the 28th ?

The more the merrier ?
I had a video on my phone so I've uploaded it to YouTube.
Not great footage but gives you an idea of how it runs.

Around 25/26 seconds as I come back to the camera, the rear breaks away under braking. You can just make out the opposite lock to catch it ?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks