Any experience with this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been trying to convince @Phill2 to get a 5b for months...... his town down under is really a good 10/12 hours dive from brisbane shipping is what kills it(n)

It's not the distance from Brisbane so much as what it costs to get it here from the US.
I've seen $1200 for postage from the US on ebay alone.
China isn't so bad.
Golly. That's tough... got it good here. Post office is like 20 minuets away..

My local post office is only 5 mins away but it's gotta get there first.

Mines the hub for lebanon. Theres one a few minutes away. Didnt know if they would hold it for you at the main office or something to save a buck or two. Idk what you pay for gas but for $1200 I can drive a good long ways lol

Mines the hub for lebanon. Theres one a few minutes away. Didnt know if they would hold it for you at the main office or something to save a buck or two. Idk what you pay for gas but for $1200 I can drive a good long ways lol

As soon as they build a bridge to the US I'll have a go at it (y)
They do hold it at y local but as stated that isn't the problem.
What i have found though some places like ddm get the shipping for much less than say if a private person was to ship the same parcel
when they sent my fg to me cost $400 to send it to me:eek::oops:
I can just live with that but $1200 is a whole new universe

I've bought quite a bit from DDM.
They're one of the better ones postage wise.

https://rc-car-online.de/homepage/p...os/zusatzseiten/losi_rovan/losi_rovan_en.html

Just keep this in mind before you throw down the relatively hefty asking price on the Rovan. It may fit bits and bobs with Losi's flagship but they may not fit well. Another poster here had to essentially rebuild his clone into the real article with upgrades so he started out with a cheaper clone and ended up buying second original model in spareparts to put on it. At which point the vehicle is ...well the genuine article innit since what he originally bought ended up in the "FML drawer of shame" that we all have for our ill considered investments, as spare parts.

https://rc-car-online.de/homepage/p...os/zusatzseiten/losi_rovan/losi_rovan_en.html

Just keep this in mind before you throw down the relatively hefty asking price on the Rovan. It may fit bits and bobs with Losi's flagship but they may not fit well. Another poster here had to essentially rebuild his clone into the real article with upgrades so he started out with a cheaper clone and ended up buying second original model in spareparts to put on it. At which point the vehicle is ...well the genuine article innit since what he originally bought ended up in the "FML drawer of shame" that we all have for our ill considered investments, as spare parts.

Thanks for that.
Looks like a Losi V2 will be the way to go.

Ya, that bargain Rovan LT305 didnt end up a bargain in the end. She's awesome now though! Only bad part is Im not sure which is the good one anymore, LOL.

I just have to throw in that there seems to be plenty of happy Rovan owners. Our friend on youtube Botajell started trying out clones and have so far been pretty pleased. In terms of fun/value. But that again, should be seen in the light of the fact that he is a day 1 upgrader. So few vehicles remain stock regardless of what they started out as or what the original cost was. RC-Car is my favorite pusher because they are enthusiasts themselves. So it is not like they are brand snobs or anything silly like that. They themselves offer clones and it seems that the only golden rule is consistency. The product has to be of consistent quality for them to carry it. So when they downright out a company's products like they did here, the company has really screwed up. That doesn't mean that Rovan owners arent telling the truth and I can offer no explanation as to why some are very pleased with them as a platform to build on and others are not. Unless it is because that Rovans quality is all over the map.

If think the Tl:Dr is that my post not meant to target Rovan, or discourage you from getting one (it looks like a lot of fun to drive) but more to plant the idea that you could end up paying a lot more than you saved on the clone initially, to get it up to where you want it. And then it may be wiser to just fork over more at the start and upgrade less. but who am I kidding. We both know that you are not going to upgrade less just because the platform was more expensive lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks