Anybody have a son that just isn’t interested in the Hobby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This conversation is down right comedic about now. Not so terribly long ago there was no internet, cable TV or cell phones. I can remember when each of them came out. Heck the first TV I remember was black and white with knobs to change channels. You guys are so spoiled rotten you don't even have a clue. Just how times change, doesn't mean I have to let them have the stuff till they are older, or till they can buy it themselves. I'd rather my kids go out and play then sit in the house staring at a screen for hours.

Oh they like to have the controller in their hands but when it comes time to fix what they broke it's always me lol.

This conversation is down right comedic about now. Not so terribly long ago there was no internet, cable TV or cell phones. I can remember when each of them came out. Heck the first TV I remember was black and white with knobs to change channels. You guys are so spoiled rotten you don't even have a clue. Just how times change, doesn't mean I have to let them have the stuff till they are older, or till they can buy it themselves. I'd rather my kids go out and play then sit in the house staring at a screen for hours.
As young kids yes they should ,as kids need to get out and play, also interact with others. But as adults or older children it doesn't matter
I don't know if you were talking to me though

Edit: for your information sean, I didnt even have a phone till about 12, and only learned to use a computer till about that age aswell.

As young kids yes they should ,as kids need to get out and play, also interact with others. But as adults or older children it doesn't matter
I don't know if you were talking to me though

Edit: for your information sean, I didnt even have a phone till about 12, and only learned to use a computer till about that age aswell.
I wasn't specifically talking to you zed. And 12 is too young for a cell phone. What on earth would you need one for when your that young? poop I didn't have one till I was 17 or 18.

I wasn't specifically talking to you zed. And 12 is too young for a cell phone. What on earth would you need one for when your that young? poop I didn't have one till I was 17 or 18.
just for entertainment and to make videos/pictures of stuff. plus I wanted one becuase my cousins my age had it, as stupid as that sounds. Fyi, i didnt have a sim card at that time. This was about 6 months before I got my first rig.

Last edited:
All my grand kids , get nothing but a baseball mit from me , I don't care if it's Easter , they get a baseball mit , instead of a pretty little basket full of pretty little pieces of sugar filled poison balls , in ten years what's gunna happen when somebody gets a flat tire , they won't be able to find anybody capable of repairing it , LITTERALY ! Bunch of don't wanna work , gimme , gimme , and no I can't , is all you hear from kids these days , if you allow the gaming crap in your house , your fault for having over wieght lazy spoiled brats , or maybe you just need a daily babysitter ( gaming crap ) , also your fault , a mit a ball and a bat , get off the eating stool and go to the park for crap sakes , I gaurentee you and the kids will love it , and if they don't , make them 🤣😂😁😀

All my grand kids , get nothing but a baseball mit from me , I don't care if it's Easter , they get a baseball mit , instead of a pretty little basket full of pretty little pieces of sugar filled poison balls , in ten years what's gunna happen when somebody gets a flat tire , they won't be able to find anybody capable of repairing it , LITTERALY ! Bunch of don't wanna work , gimme , gimme , and no I can't , is all you hear from kids these days , if you allow the gaming crap in your house , your fault for having over wieght lazy spoiled brats , or maybe you just need a daily babysitter ( gaming crap ) , also your fault , a mit a ball and a bat , get off the eating stool and go to the park for crap sakes , I gaurentee you and the kids will love it , and if they don't , make them 🤣😂😁😀
Dam
I can change tires and brakes and oil n other stuff. Lol we aren’t that bad

Meanwhile I basically do all the car stuff and my gen x dad basically hates manual labor, aswell as isnt as mechanically inclined as me. That's a large, and unnecessary overgeneralization.
and nothing wrong with gaming at all. We all enjoy our own things. Look at doug, hes a gamer as far as I know, and he isnt lazy. It has nothing to do with gaming itself. Its poor parenting.

Meanwhile I basically do all the car stuff and my gen x dad basically hates manual labor, aswell as isnt as mechanically inclined as me. That's a large, and unnecessary overgeneralization.
Yeah i usually either help with or do the car stuff, something I like to do anyways. Definitely a overgeneralization and an exaggeration.
@Relic-1 we are not all lazy turds

Today I had to make a trip to the hobby shop. My son was with me on the errands. Get this, he stayed in the car. When I got back I figured out partly why…. He was on his switch. 12 years old…

I have even stopped inviting him on our club Porsche drives as he is uninterested in fast cars also. I don’t get it, but that’s how it is I guess.

Take offense if you want, but ima call it like I see it. Your a piss pore parent. Take that stupid game from him and make him get off his ass, we don't need anymore lazy snowflakes sucking off the system.

Today I had to make a trip to the hobby shop. My son was with me on the errands. Get this, he stayed in the car. When I got back I figured out partly why…. He was on his switch. 12 years old…

I have even stopped inviting him on our club Porsche drives as he is uninterested in fast cars also. I don’t get it, but that’s how it is I guess.
At that age I never had a choice of what I did! My Dad owned a small LTL trucking company mostly 5 ton enclosed box trucks. Spare time included learning to weld, setting up air brakes,
figuring out hydraulics for lift gates and everything in between.

There wasn’t a choice ,that poop put food on the the table! Many nights working with Dad until wee hours of the morning to make sure a broke truck was fixed, then go back into school in the morning like usual.

Hated it then, grateful for it now it has made me the person I am today! Your son is mouldable at that age, form him in the person you want him to be!

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I coached kids baseball for 14 years , and when I see a overweight , stair at the screen kid , I'd bugs me I've got a nephew , the only time anybody sees him is when it's dinner time or lunch time and I'm serious about that , then he's right back up stairs to the stupid stair at a screen aand hope for the best of nothing 🤣 I was taking my ski boat out last Saturday , and my daughter asked her friend and son could go , I said sure , we picked them up at 11am , the 13 years old over weight needing help with his seatbelt , finally finished getting in the truck !! 😠😡😵🤪 , The first thing out of his mouth was hey Mom I'm gunna need some cafien for this trip , O.M.F.G. ! IVE never drank a cup of coffee or energy poison in my life and never will , I'm 63 years old , and evidently running circles around 13 year olds of today ! I water-skied that day and gave tube rides to kids all day , all that kid did was sit in the shade and eat sugar and poison all day , that's the pathetic crap of Wich I speak , but just my opinion , last I checked us Americans still have that , and I believe that alot of forums are full of perfect 🤣 opinions , how's that go ? Not my fault that I'm always right 🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks