Anyone familiar with Walbro 716 carb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a long block the only parts needed are external. The engine will complete minus those parts: ignition,shrouds,carb etc.
I'm pretty sure it should just bolt in. Ask ddm or km for sure but the platform is pretty much the same as the rest except engine model. I think it should work.

Last edited:
So not that I know for sure, but I would just suck it up and get a complete engine. I know there are a few bits that could be swapped, but I was under the impression that a km engine was it's own kind of animal. As mentioned before, checking with DDM would be best. I doubt km is going to tell you "yes, these parts from our boat anchor will work with a quality engine" like I said could be dead wrong, but don't count your chicks before they hatch.

Found this:

Fitment Guide:

• HPI Baja 5B/5T/5SC
No changes required, straight fit.

• Losi 5IVE T ,KM X2, 30 DNT DNB, Losi DBXL and Redcat Models
The 'Shorter' Clutch Housing must be Fitted, as it needs to be smaller than the Installed Housing

And you must fit a KM/CY CrankCase cover as Zenoah Hole Spacing's are slightly different,

Zenoah Crankcase Covers - 68mm Hole to Hole centre.

KM/CY/QL Crankcase Covers - 65mm Hole to Hole Centre.

That's for 32 swap.
He's still going to need the km crankcase cover to match the hole pattern.

Please check what else might be needed- shorter clutch housing is mentioned. Maybe one of you baja guys can help,I only know FG.?

Isn’t the KM T1000 a clone of the HPI 5T? If I understand your findings correctly the KM that needs adjusting is the KM X2 which has different parts than the T1000. If I am not mistaken. So since I can swap parts directly with a 5T I should be good ? I think lol

Ordered the Zenoah G290RC complete engine. Any thoughts on using regular 2 stroke oil for the motor break in? Then switching to full Synthetic like Amzoil sabre. Don’t want to get into endless debate of which Synthetic oil is better I know that is an endless discussion. Just read that to break in the motor to start with regular oil to let the piston and ring adjust to the new motor. Then use Synthetic to protect the motor for regular use. Can anyone chime in on this that has done it or has experience with breaking a new motor in this way. Thanks for any input gentz ?

Ordered the Zenoah G290RC complete engine. Any thoughts on using regular 2 stroke oil for the motor break in? Then switching to full Synthetic like Amzoil sabre. Don’t want to get into endless debate of which Synthetic oil is better I know that is an endless discussion. Just read that to break in the motor to start with regular oil to let the piston and ring adjust to the new motor. Then use Synthetic to protect the motor for regular use. Can anyone chime in on this that has done it or has experience with breaking a new motor in this way. Thanks for any input gentz ?
Just Break in on the oil you will use.

Actually in the hardcore circles of race engine 2 stroke builders they tend to recommend you initially break in a new engine using a straight petroelum. Straight non-synthetic oil allows a quicker break-in and they say your rings take a better "set" as opposed to using a full synthetic oil. My advice ? Run whatever quality oil you want, they are all good. Remember, "any oil is better than no oil". ?

Actually in the hardcore circles of race engine 2 stroke builders they tend to recommend you initially break in a new engine using a straight petroelum. Straight non-synthetic oil allows a quicker break-in and they say your rings take a better "set" as opposed to using a full synthetic oil. My advice ? Run whatever quality oil you want, they are all good. Remember, "any oil is better than no oil". ?
That is what I am wondering if there is any solid truth to this. I am surprised no one hasn’t broken in their motor this way.

There is some truth to it, but I've never seen a huge difference. In my saws I used to do dino juice at first then switch. I've not seen or noticed when one sets in any different on synthetic from the get go. They still take 5 to 7 tanks to make full power, synthetic or dino oil. It's more im lazy and don't want to mix (or keep) different gas(and oil) around. Ymmv

Well my stock clutch case wont bolt all the way in. I guess I’ll have to order the Zenoah clutch case since my stock one is a KM. Plus my stock case bolts seemed like they are too long as well won’t turn all the way in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks