Anyone into model rockets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
My neighbor was showing me a couple rockets he was putting together for the hell of it due to the corona syndrome. I had one when I was 8 and my friends and their dad used to take us and go launch the rockets we had. I went to the local hobby lobby where he got his and picked up a launch kit with 2 rockets and one to build. Anyone on here play with these still?

You really need to give it atleast one go...the "new" starter kits are already assembled. Put the wadding,motor and pack the parachute and hit the button. I paid 20 bucks for a starter kit with the launch pad and 2 rockets. Just need wadding and engines...15 dollars extra

I might have too just to experience it! Would be a fun weekend project for sure. We are always in "high fire danger" for wild fires out here in southern Arizona. I can easily go to our local RC airfield to launch. How "hot" is it when it comes down? Don't want to cause any issues with a hot landing lol!

I might have too just to experience it! Would be a fun weekend project for sure. We are always in "high fire danger" for wild fires out here in southern Arizona. I can easily go to our local RC airfield to launch. How "hot" is it when it comes down? Don't want to cause any issues with a hot landing lol!
It's not typically hot when it hits, its if things go wrong, or your running a 2 stage plus engine set up. Your biggest worry is it getting hung up on trees, buildings, and power lines, or wind drift. Theres a bunch of high school kids geek club that flies rockets at the township I used to work for, good thing they were young, and could run fast. We even had to go up in the roof several times to get the rockets for them. Even light winds seemed to make them go far when they were coming back down.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks