Back into 1/5 scale with a new 5ive T 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are nice. I was watching DJ Medic’s YouTube videos on Project Large and Large 2.0 and saw that he was using the BART skids with great result. Plus they are inexpensive compared to the other fancier offerings out there and cover better. Can’t see spending more on a sacrificial part just because they are pretty.

Iv had them on my L5B since day 1 ?? and they are still going strong??
They are nice. I was watching DJ Medic’s YouTube videos on Project Large and Large 2.0 and saw that he was using the BART skids with great result. Plus they are inexpensive compared to the other fancier offerings out there and cover better. Can’t see spending more on a sacrificial part just because they are pretty.

Last edited:
I had to do some trimming on the exhaust to get the pipe positioned just right. It tucks up neatly to the engine and fits under the body very nicely. The new cage should be here Friday and then I can start making body panels.

I got the rx battery finally and set up the DX5C tx with the truck. Everything is trimmed up nice and the servos are nice and crisp in response. Only issue I have is the throttle servo is whining. If I tweak (move) the steering a little bit it stops but after moving either servo it comes back. There is no strain on the servo so I’m not sure why it’s doing this. They do in fact work with not glitching though.

Is the pipe secure enough with out the front engine mount near the pull start? It seems the only way I'm going to be able to get mine to fit, is with out that bracket. I am thinking about trimming about 1/2 inch off the header pipe to see if that will work.

Is the pipe secure enough with out the front engine mount near the pull start? It seems the only way I'm going to be able to get mine to fit, is with out that bracket. I am thinking about trimming about 1/2 inch off the header pipe to see if that will work.
can't u extend the bracket sum how?..I had to do this on my 5ive bart xp pipe's bracket?
way off☹
fixed?
and yes u really need it attached before u run?

I indeed do just that. I trimmed a half inch off the header pipe the get the pipe in just the right place. As to the rear mount, I am working on a plate or so to secure it to the rear mounting.

If you are using a Bart pipe, and it sounds like you are, you should not have to do any cutting on the header or make any extended bracket. Maybe somehow you don't have it on right? I have a 5T2.0 and my Bart pipe fits perfectly.

If you are using a Bart pipe, and it sounds like you are, you should not have to do any cutting on the header or make any extended bracket. Maybe somehow you don't have it on right? I have a 5T2.0 and my Bart pipe fits perfectly.

Negative
It is a DDM Dominator pipe

I indeed do just that. I trimmed a half inch off the header pipe the get the pipe in just the right place. As to the rear mount, I am working on a plate or so to secure it to the rear mounting.
Thank you. That's what my plans were. Trim a 1/2 inch off the header pipe to get it close to where I need it and make something up to secure it.

Nice work. I got mine installed too. Cutting that 1/2 inch off the pipe worked perfectly. Once i did that all the mounts fit with a little force. Lol

Attachments

• 20200607_143612.jpg
    20200607_143612.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200607_143604.jpg
    20200607_143604.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200607_143558.jpg
    20200607_143558.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 6
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks