Baja Beetle - Taking on a few radical changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New update, sorry guys i moved all my pics so if there is broken links i can link to my folder directly:

Pipe i now cut, respaed and welded up then i stripped the paint off it and polished it ready for powdercoating (red)

Bled the rezzies and front shocks too.

P1100624.jpg
P1100627.jpg
P1100628.gif

Craig, I take it you're really going for the container jump with this? !!
Still brings a smile to my face now.

This project's looking great.
Candy red with black windows on the body?
Defo black wheels then, agreed with others.

Al.

Hi Craig,
I'm sure I'm missing something, and the rig looks great, but where's the tank going to go?

Al.

Your the first to notice, I am going to use 2 small aluminium boat tanks, one either side of the chassis rails and will sit on top of the body mounts(the body mounts are quite large, around 25mm across & about 4mm thick plates with body rivets on the ends.)

looking nice dude :)

what shocks are them? i want to switch my stock dual setup to single on each wheel but don't know which ones are best to take the weight as mine is like yours pretty much all alloy so alot more weight than stock :s ?

Okay guys, incase no one noticed the odd gear in the last picture, here is the next step:

Taking things up a notch now.

Shafty 4wd!

P1100637.jpg
P1100638.jpg
P1100639.jpg
P1100640.jpg

Me!! Me!! Me!!
Again, didn't want to say anything .... decided to wait and see the outcome.
Good project. Let's see finished article - good weather's just around the corner now, so they say ..... just saw another flying pig!! :D:D

Al.

no mate its just you haven't got a clone,if you had one of them youd get 2000 posts a week wingeing that you should have put you hand deeper into your pocket lol

you tight fisted fiddlesticker why didn't you get the real deal mate

on a good note mate my bugs all fixxed and ready to play im well happy still got a slight ben in the chassis but its staying i cant be arsed to strip it bare hit and try to fit bit all over again so it stays and it looks the best it has since owning it well chuffed

you tight fisted fiddlesticker why didn't you get the real deal mate

on a good note mate my bugs all fixxed and ready to play im well happy still got a slight ben in the chassis but its staying i cant be arsed to strip it bare hit and try to fit bit all over again so it stays and it looks the best it has since owning it well chuffed

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, I have a real Hpi baja and a clone, i only got the clone because i loved the white baja they do - Nothing to do with money because it stands me at about £1.5k with all the TR, uprated alloy parts and hop ups on it any ways :w00t:

And awsome, the slight bends are no biggies but thats why i did this project on a KPD chassi to try and stop them bends.

i aint got a single issue with clones not one,,,i nearly had one and ive got a mate with a km and that takes more poop than mine,,,its all the stigma that the owners get which is unfair and the fact some hpi owners think there a lesser model and theres are better they all look the same when caked in poop ,,,,if it gets more people into the fastly growing hobby its good all round

what did you give for that chassis craig i was watching it on ebay but missed what it went for i was thinking about it for mine after seeing your first build,,,,but don't get cocky thinking it wont bend mate they all will theres no such thing as a bash proof car you hit something hard enough its game over

i aint got a single issue with clones not one,,,i nearly had one and ive got a mate with a km and that takes more poop than mine,,,its all the stigma that the owners get which is unfair and the fact some hpi owners think there a lesser model and theres are better they all look the same when caked in poop ,,,,if it gets more people into the fastly growing hobby its good all round

what did you give for that chassis craig i was watching it on ebay but missed what it went for i was thinking about it for mine after seeing your first build,,,,but don't get cocky thinking it wont bend mate they all will theres no such thing as a bash proof car you hit something hard enough its game over

Cool mate, ill whack some pics up of mine in the Clone section on here.

Watch out for it in about 10-15 mins.

The chassis on this is strong! but when i am finished bracing it, i rekon somthing would have to break before it bends, just watch this space!

Craig

cool mate when mine hit that metal post theres no way it was getting away with it it stoped dead and i knew that it was shagged and thought it was much worse than it was

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks