Baja experimenting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Parks

Print my own
Got this baja roller cheap a few weeks back and basically been throwing parts at it off the shelf since. Well It needed shocks as the stockers suck, normally I always go IRC. BUT I had some stock losi shocks in a tote and figured what they hell I'll try it. So far I like them alot. Much better with the weight, ride height has decreased a little as they are shorter but I ordered some irp shock extenders to help with that. The rear needs the flm tower as it adjusts down a good bit so travel isnt lost as much

Not much needed to fit them at all other than spacing them out. I have seen this done before but not sure why I never tried it.20200626_120037.jpgreceived_2457893287646372.jpeg20200626_120037.jpg20200626_120044.jpg20200625_195922.jpg

So you finding most these deals on Facebook ? I’m really considering making a account just to find these types of treasures ??‍♂️
Do it, there's all kinds of things you'll find there ?
Got this baja roller cheap a few weeks back and basically been throwing parts at it off the shelf since. Well It needed shocks as the stockers suck, normally I always go IRC. BUT I had some stock losi shocks in a tote and figured what they hell I'll try it. So far I like them alot. Much better with the weight, ride height has decreased a little as they are shorter but I ordered some irp shock extenders to help with that. The rear needs the flm tower as it adjusts down a good bit so travel isnt lost as much

Not much needed to fit them at all other than spacing them out. I have seen this done before but not sure why I never tried it.View attachment 60717View attachment 60718View attachment 60719View attachment 60720View attachment 60721
Yeah I've seen this done, wonder how it would work with a heavier Baja (30+ lbs) ? and how much shorter than stock are we talking ?

5ive shocks rock. Best improvement I made to my db, I'm sure they will work wonders for a baja.

So far I'm pretty impressed. Front shocks didnt take any effort, just used spacers I had in my box of parts. Rears I could mount, but it will sit lower than my liking. So ordered the rear flm tower to fix that. Also ordered the irp extenders to help

Are you using all front size, or front and rear size? I was thinking the rears on the 5ive t at least were longer than the fronts.

Fronts and rears. Two rear sets would likely work better though
Are you using all front size, or front and rear size? I was thinking the rears on the 5ive t at least were longer than the fronts.

Fronts and rears. Two rear sets would likely work better though

Got the tires on, and gears swapped to 22/52. See if this little bart will pull them ?these tires are nasty

Not a fan of the white wheels or the beadlocks so probably going to paint the wheels black and do green beadlocks. Or does anyone else have a different idea20200630_151551.jpg20200630_151559.jpg20200630_151608.jpg

Good point. Really didnt feel like disassembling them though lol.

Took it out tonight, didnt pull the 22/52 gears as bad as I thought it would. Once it hit the power band it floated the wheels the entire time. But it was pretty laggy down on the bottom end as I expected. Tires have no give either though lol. Swapped back to 18/56 to try since the traction will be much better with these

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks