Baja shock ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did that happen?

Can happen in a violent flip with no suspension limiters. It was more common on the 1st gen Baja, which Z is running right now. Many of the durability issues he's seeing right now are a result of 1st gen problems, especially in the suspension components. Most of the models from the 5T onward were much more durable and used improved materials. That didn't stop us from recommending suspension limiters, but the risks were more reduced when the VVC/HD shocks came out.

Can happen in a violent flip with no suspension limiters. It was more common on the 1st gen Baja, which Z is running right now. Many of the durability issues he's seeing right now are a result of 1st gen problems, especially in the suspension components. Most of the models from the 5T onward were much more durable and used improved materials. That didn't stop us from recommending suspension limiters, but the risks were more reduced when the VVC/HD shocks came out.
Actually these were the vvc shocks, and not the first gen shocks. I'm leaning towards it NOT being caused by no limiters, rather, I think it might have been dragging on the road (when I ran on road) a bit and just now I bashed it enough the tear the ball out. But limiters too, must have.

Actually these were the vvc shocks, and not the first gen shocks. I'm leaning towards it NOT being caused by no limiters, rather, I think it might have been dragging on the road (when I ran on road) a bit and just now I bashed it enough the tear the ball out. But limiters too, must have.

Could definitely be the cause.

I thought you mentioned having 4mm shock shafts when you bent one a couple weeks ago. VVC shocks are a 6mm shaft.

So to clarify, you're running VVC in the rear, and OG shafts up front. Got it.

What do the bottoms of your rear arms look like? I mean, yeah, it looks like it was ground up from the underside, but those joints are fairly well protected by the lower arms.

So to clarify, you're running VVC in the rear, and OG shafts up front. Got it.

What do the bottoms of your rear arms look like? I mean, yeah, it looks like it was ground up from the underside, but those joints are fairly well protected by the lower arms.
The arm itself has wear too , like it was grinding on the road.

See the wear on the arm

IMG_20200709_195855.jpg
IMG_20200709_195842.jpg
Should I replace the arm while I'm at it? Got a ton of poop to buy . I've got some money And I want to fix all the hacked poop (wheel nut, cracked front bulkhead, maybe a new top plate for the front, axle boots, shock shaft, foams for the tires, front arm has a crack)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks