Bearing Grease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bearings with rubber shields are still considered sealed.

@RcJunkie13 don't completely pack the bearing just take like an exacto knife or smaller flat head and lay some grease in lightly and make sure the bearing has the new grease all the way around.

If your careful with the shield you'll be fine. And as others will say don't waste your time their cheap. I say go for it clean and grease them as long as the bearing is in good shape and has no dirt intrusion
in my expirience sealed bearings remain fine and with plenty of grease as long as they remain sealed , IF there is a break or spot where grease can leak out replace them anyhow , something caused this to happen.

If your gonna grease them inside a DIff. just remove the fekkin seals and stuff em.

If your careful with the shield you'll be fine. And as others will say don't waste your time their cheap. I say go for it clean and grease them as long as the bearing is in good shape and has no dirt intrusion
Bearings with rubber shields are still considered sealed.

@RcJunkie13 don't completely pack the bearing just take like an exacto knife or smaller flat head and lay some grease in lightly and make sure the bearing has the new grease all the way around.
+1 ?

All these bearings have Industry #'s that are standard across all industries , there are cross references out there that show all types and variations , I use an extended inner ring mini bearing on a product I have made for 20+ yrs , there are good ones and OK ones , usually the price reflects this but things like FAST EDDY is just marketing. ( I Have never used Fast Eddy bearings FYI and I am just using them as an example ) .
Bearings are cheap. Can pick up a 10pack for around $10-$15. I just ordered some 8x22x7, 10 pack for $7.

Sizes are ID x OD x W
608-2RS part Number, BTW this is a fidget hand spinner bearing LOL !!!

https://www.vxb.com/100-608-2RS-Bal...3JTPx6kqjgVlQxuQQeic_2Sms3YqI10xoCfggQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
Well the bearings for my 5t are 1.99 a piece. Sure go with the acme chinese savings bundle and you get low quality poop bearings. My local bearing store would charge more than that and ill call for a price comparison. Hell name brand bearings for skate boards when I was a kid went anywhere from 10 to 40 a set. Anyone remember Swiss bearings?

Remember 5th scale isn't and shouldn't be cheap for quality stuff . Im fine with paying $2 a bearing

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks