BEC for an electric starter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mj.jafari

I got a Losi 5Ive T 2.0 with stock receiver and servos. I’m planning to add an electric starter which will come with an ESC.

Can I connect my battery with a Y type cable to both ESC and receiver directly or I need a BEC ?

The ESC has an output to power the receiver with it’s normal channel cable but I don’t think it will be putting enough juice out to the receiver to driver the servos.
please help me understand why I need a BEC when my receiver can take 7.4V

I got a Losi 5Ive T 2.0 with stock receiver and servos. I’m planning to add an electric starter which will come with an ESC.

Can I connect my battery with a Y type cable to both ESC and receiver directly or I need a BEC ?

The ESC has an output to power the receiver with it’s normal channel cable but I don’t think it will be putting enough juice out to the receiver to driver the servos.
please help me understand why I need a BEC when my receiver can take 7.4V
Ok so first you need a battery to power the esc… for this if you have a 2s in the truck you can split it or I would just recommend using another small battery (2s should b fine). Then u can just plug the esc to an aux (I would imagine a 3position toggle switch working best). Just use a spectate battery is what I would do.

Check out these videos for overview.

FID calls for a bec in their setup of the starter, so I would go with one.
Most people I've seen also use a additional battery. Less potential for electrical issues. The starters add a little extra weight but with the higher power engines,its not big deal at all.
The systems are not waterproof from what I've read and seen quoted from people,do be aware of where you plan to to run your rig.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks