best large scale all rounder for bashing and racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ye im with you my old redact rampage had a tuned rcmk gizmo motor in it with a tuned pipe unsilenced and that was seriously loud you could hear me ripping that from the other side of the town hahaha
I think the main reason silenced pipes aren't as loud is largely due to them having a low pitched droaning sound, as opposed to a high pitched crackling sound, they're just much friendlier on the ears.
That's what i've noticed anyway

All this talk about bashing,, hmmm,,,, can't do double backflips and skid rolls and jump fences n stuff , you want a basher or a flat track minimum jumps rig ya , bring your losi along , you wanna bash n flip n really jump leave the losi at home , I do , and bring the x max , XRT , or 8s outcast for crap sakes , now your bashing , but don't get me wrong here I have the Taylor losi from hell , but it has its place and 15 feet in the air ain't it ,🤣😅😂

Yeah going by that then deffo the 5iveT, Losi 5iveT that is lol.
While the clone 30n "fiveT" is alot cheaper, it isn't as good quality, namely the drivetrain isn't as strong, and the engine is cheap Chinese and not quality Japanese Zenoah

The 30n rig is a good option if you were to be doing a ton of upgrading out of the box though
No it’s definitely not as good quality but it certainly ain’t bad and I know @KevTrem has been running his with a g320 without problems on the stock drivetrain so half the price you could then put a damn nice motor in it for the same price or less than a Losi 5t

I'm in the same boat, looking for a gas powered 1/5th scale and the only feedback I really hear is the Losi 5t-lol. Is this the only one out there that's decent? My plan was to buy a used one for my first, I was thinking of the Losi dbxl but the reviews on here seems as if it sucks. I wasn't looking to drop 2k for my first 1/5th scale but that seems the direction.

I'm in the same boat, looking for a gas powered 1/5th scale and the only feedback I really hear is the Losi 5t-lol. Is this the only one out there that's decent? My plan was to buy a used one for my first, I was thinking of the Losi dbxl but the reviews on here seems as if it sucks. I wasn't looking to drop 2k for my first 1/5th scale but that seems the direction.
theres not realy anthing WRONG with the dbxl its just straight up worse than the losi 5t by miles. i can highly reccommend the 30DNT losi 5t clone by BWS Racing (https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/rc-cars/30dnt-29cc-4wd-shortcourse-rc-truck-blue.html) its half the price of a losi 5t but there is obviously down sides, the plastic quality is pretty good and it comes with the big flex body which is an upgrade over stock but the main downside is the fact that the engine is a clone motor and is no where near the quality of a proper zenoah so look to replace it within two years, electronics are also not the best but not horrendous. i don't really support clones but if they get you into the hobby like it did for me then i would say its worth it

iv been looking at all options from the kraton 8s exb the new traxxas xrt the dbxl the five5 t and a few more weather its electric or petrol powered its a hard compromise to make i have a new xmaxx witch is awesome but was looking at petrol powered next but like you stated its the cost of it at nearly 2k u can get a pretty awesome electric upgraded rig for that price im still undecided today even tho i want a five5 t so much the only thing holding me back is the price of it hear in the uk its priced at 1699gbp but with everything included transmitter battery for electronics and some other bits its as close to 2k a kraton 8s exb fully kitted out is retail 1499gbp a vast saving and the xrt traxxas is retail at 1079gbp but you need ti invest in some battery witch i do have so its a tough call still

Where in New York are you?

what's every ones thoughts on the kraken vekta 5 lse pro ???? its a little bit cheaper than the five5 t with good parts support and lots of upgrades is it a solid rig ???

Its hard for me to justify dropping 2k on a 5t as much as I want one as a christmas gift to myself. Facebook marketplace has a couple cleans DBXLs for sale and I'm tempted to drop $600 for my first 1/5th scale.
Where in New York are you?
Westchester brother
theres not realy anthing WRONG with the dbxl its just straight up worse than the losi 5t by miles. i can highly reccommend the 30DNT losi 5t clone by BWS Racing (https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/rc-cars/30dnt-29cc-4wd-shortcourse-rc-truck-blue.html) its half the price of a losi 5t but there is obviously down sides, the plastic quality is pretty good and it comes with the big flex body which is an upgrade over stock but the main downside is the fact that the engine is a clone motor and is no where near the quality of a proper zenoah so look to replace it within two years, electronics are also not the best but not horrendous. i don't really support clones but if they get you into the hobby like it did for me then i would say its worth it
Try to see if anyone sells its in the states so I don't have to pay international shipping.

Last edited:
Its hard for me to justify dropping 2k on a 5t as much as I want one as a christmas gift to myself. Facebook marketplace has a couple cleans DBXLs for sale and I'm tempted to drop $600 for my first 1/5th scale.

Westchester brother

Try to see if anyone sells its in the states so I don't have to pay international shipping.
agreed 2k is a lot of money to put down on one imwith you on that and that's just the start as upgrades will need to be purchased at some point a better engine servo chassis braces and other bits will be needed

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks