Best radio for 1/5 (Vekta.5)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

I currently have a Spektrum DX5C that I use on about 10 different 1/10-1/8 scale rigs. I am thinking of picking up a different radio for my upcoming Vekta.5 build but can't seem to find recent info on range... I was thinking of using my DX5C with a SR 315 receiver. I have heard great things about the futaba rx/tx combos. I had a 3pv several years ago, but it was just used on a small race track. Between spektrum and futaba, wich is more killswitch friendly (for superbee killswitch), if not the same? Have you found one to get better range than the other?

FlySky Noble NB4 has been rock solid for me. Digital display, lots of features, and easy to program.
They always come up on Ali express. Catch my eye. The quality looks top notch but so many people complain about range? Thoughts?
C$ 635.80 | FLYSKY Noble Pro 2.4G 18CH AFHDS 3 Radio Transmitter Built-in Battery 3.5inch Touch Color Screen with FGr4B FGr8B Receiver
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKCVa76
Like for $635 that’s a sexy radio!

I ended up buying a Futaba 4PM and I like it so far. Easier to navigate than the spektrum dx5c I have been using.
nice radio, cant go wrong with Futaba, always been my goto setup (along with Sanwa back in the day!) although i did have a Core-Code 3 channel back in the day for my FG, brilliant radio, cheap as chips & never missed a beat! ..im hoping to pickup a new radio myself soon, but im kind of oldskool as they say as i use the stick type since i was a kid and its stuck with me ever since! i also use same radio for my scale boats etc. So im thinking of getting the Futaba T4GRS which is a dedicated surface handset for cars/buggys etc & keep my T6k (which is actually 8 channel not 6 as its the V2 im using at the mo) for my boats etc as it has a few more channels which i use on my scale boats :)

....This hobby is just never ending money pit i swear, just when you think "Right, thats it....no more buying RC stuff" that little voice (you know the one im on about!!) comes into my head and says "just get this one last little thing" ...10 things later.... :ROFLMAO:

Like when I went on amain hobbies to pick up a part a few months ago and bought an Arrma Fireteam that was on sale... DDM deal of the day has gotten me several times too

Seems too late, but I wouldn't touch Spektrum with a 10 foot pole personally. Coming from the high-end giant scale RC airplane side of the hobby, I've experienced radio glitches and lost expensive planes when I used to run a DX18. Just like most stuff from Horizon, the vast majority especially these days is closer to toy-grade than true hobby grade.

Futaba for surface and never look back in my opinion. Minimum would be a Futaba 4PM.

Speaking of which, I bought a brand new one in March for a new DBXL 2 and a Primal RC Grave Digger but quickly realized I'd want more channels just on the monster truck to allow a light switch, and potential for rear steering as well so I needed 7 channels to do things properly. So I've got a brand new "used" one with the optional Futaba LiFE battery and wall charger sitting in a box if anyone is interested in making a reasonable offer :) I went with the 10PX in the end for the channel count.

I currently have a Spektrum DX5C that I use on about 10 different 1/10-1/8 scale rigs. I am thinking of picking up a different radio for my upcoming Vekta.5 build but can't seem to find recent info on range... I was thinking of using my DX5C with a SR 315 receiver. I have heard great things about the futaba rx/tx combos. I had a 3pv several years ago, but it was just used on a small race track. Between spektrum and futaba, wich is more killswitch friendly (for superbee killswitch), if not the same? Have you found one to get better range than the other?
Dumbo rc have best range i've ever seen, my futaba does not have that range!!! And its only avout 50$🤣🤣🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks