Best steering servo for Losi 5T? Spektrum s9120?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, been looking to get two quality new servos as I’ve just had my second stock one die and the cheapy replacement I got for the first one is on its way out… been thinking about the spektrum s9120 and 9110 but open to other options..
I run the s9120 in all my rigs for steering and I think they are awesome but they are probably overkill for you. The Hitec 845 is probably the best option for you and you can buy 2 for less than the price of (1) 9120

I run the s9120 in all my rigs for steering and I think they are awesome but they are probably overkill for you. The Hitec 845 is probably the best option for you and you can buy 2 for less than the price of (1) 9120
I couldn’t find anything about it but is the 9120 waterproof? Was tempted by the hitec but I’ve never had particularly good experiences with hitec

Agfrc makes reefs servos. I run this one in two of my 5ive t’s and have one for my next project. Quiet. Well built never had an issue.

C$ 375.19 | AGFRC A280BHMW A280BHLW 78KG 100KG 0.082Sec 5th Scale HV High Torque WP Brushless RC Racing Servo Large Aircraft Car Boat Model
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtGGwE6
So are the reefs servos actually any better than agfrc like better quality control? Or is it a straight up scam?

handsdown.... agfrc 78kg large scale for steering.

best per dollar value for a 7.4v setup from rx directly.

it is pretty quiet as well... speedy turns with a punch

I’m thinking I shall be going with a 78kg agfrc servo for steering. Maybe a stock Losi for throttle as they are quite reliable just not very strong I’ve heard?
You wont regret the AGF turning your wheels... just set those end points so that AGF doesn't get upset.

The stock steering servo on my L5T2.0 actually is rated upto 6v... where as the stock t/b is rated to 7.4v. It seems like Losi saw no reason to promote replacing the t/b servo??

However... if you like an upgrade still.... best bet in my opinion to make your brakes grab like a clutch would be........ Savox SAVSB2236MG / best for your money for 1/5 t/b servo.

You wont regret the AGF turning your wheels... just set those end points so that AGF doesn't get upset.

The stock steering servo on my L5T2.0 actually is rated upto 6v... where as the stock t/b is rated to 7.4v. It seems like Losi saw no reason to promote replacing the t/b servo??

However... if you like an upgrade still.... best bet in my opinion to make your brakes grab like a clutch would be........ Savox SAVSB2236MG / best for your money for 1/5 t/b servo.
https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/savox-waterproof-jumbo-metal-geared-servo-40kg.html would this be the same thing? listed as same torque and speed and i'll be getting it over the losi as its cheaper

Looks like a good servo for throttle and brake... the speed of the servo there is .17 at 7.4v just a little slower. And its not brushless but the blue one is waterproof. The torque is 40kg / 555 ozin on both yup.

looking at the savsb2336mg, it says high voltage, will i get the max speed and torque if i run it thru the receiver? i'm using a flysky receiver powered by spectrum 2s lipo. i really don't want to mess with bec or direct power, whatever that means. thanks.

By the sound of the model number are you looking at a savox servo? Pretty sure your off on the part number there but id assume your talking about the sv-0236mg? I just did the servos in my 5ive but went with a hilantronics 8500 series and it has roughly 5lbs of torque but I did use the savox for throttle/brake.

rep732 - when you did the savox for throttle, did you just run it directly from the receiver and no extra wiring or doodads? thanks!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks