Binding killswitch failsafe on spektrum sr6100at

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
I have the new spektrum sr6100AT avc reciever horizon sent me. My issue is the killswitch is not responding to the transmitter being shut off. I did the usual hold full brake and the button I use for the killswitch when binding. Yea no go but it does go into full brake I just can't get the killswitch to shut down. I ran through the entire menu and the manual that came with the reciever. I'm hoping to get this figured out soon if not the tech that helped me said to send an email with any issues. Anyone here know whats going on? And yes AVC is disabled and I tried in Aux 3 like the tech said and I also tried in aux 1 and 2

Dynamite...tried just about everything. Even deleted the 5t out of the transmitter and started over. I read something about reversing the aux channel?

Last edited:
I will definitely do that. From what he said the killswitch needed to be in aux port 3 since aux 1-2 are part of the avc. I tried aux ports 3 and 4 with no luck yet. I haven't given up but the one thing I have noticed is the reciever stopped wanting to calibrate after about 5 bind processes. Also this reciever says that failsafe is throttle goes into a neutral position. If I hold full brake and hold my failsafe when binding then try to shut the transmitter down with the reciever on I can get the throttle servo to go into full brake only when in failsafe. Its definitely a start but not where I want to be lol

Last edited:
Update: horizon techs are still trying to understand the issue. They are very helpful but "we" on the forum know the issue is the avc reciever but since I was just sent one it seems we have to cross every T and dot every i for them to send me a non avc reciever. The sr6100at was the replacement for the sr6000t which is now discontinued for some reason(odd due to the fact the 2.0 isn't very old). I may end up with the sr515 which is still dsmr but has no telemetry and is 5 channel and I would be at capacity with the killswitchand light bar. I told them I won't run the truck without the killswitch and he said he understands so we will see what happens.?‍♂️?‍♂️

Last edited:
Final update: the avc reciever's will not work with kill switches as we know. Their solution is to send me another non avc reciever which is fine but it is not telemetry "owell". The reason why avc recievers do not work with killswitches because their failsafe is designed to go to "0" or neutral position in a failsafe situation on all channels. I messed with trim settings for the killswitch and it needs to see a minimum of 50% input to "kill" the engine. So there you have it and thats why avc recievers don't work with killswitches

I’m running the same receiver Sr6100at and have no problems with my Hilantronics IKilly kill switch. Works perfect from day one. Im running a DX5Pro. It’s more than likely the cheap kill switch you’re using get yourself a killer bee or Hilantronics kill switch and you will be fine

Last edited:
I’m running the same receiver Sr6100at and have no problems with my Hilantronics IKilly kill switch. Works perfect from day one. Im running a DX5Pro. It’s more than likely the cheap kill switch you’re using get yourself a killer bee or Hilantronics kill switch and you will be fine
Good day mate, this is a well known and documented issue with speky gear. Normally due to the AVC feature. But, were always welcoming insight into how you have it set up..... cheers from a futaba user

Good day mate, this is a well known and documented issue with speky gear. Normally due to the AVC feature. But, were always welcoming insight into how you have it set up..... cheers from a futaba user
Yes definitely a know problem. I run Futaba for all my other rigs , I’m running a DX5Pro Tx and sr6100at Rx on my Primal MT I didn’t do anything special turned AVC off and my Hilantronics works just fine. Those Dynamite kill switches are crap IMO. I only run Killer Bee and Hilantronics Kill switches
I have 6 active killer RC kill switches in my rigs and 1 Hilantronics

@Rep732 I also have the dynamite kill switch and sr515 with dx5 pro. Kill switch works perfectly fine on mine set on aux 1 with H button on the transmitter but when I turn off the transmitter only the brakes will engage and the engine still runs. Anyway to setup this up so the motor dies when the transmitter is off?

No issue with any of my dynamite switches. Work flawlessly with Futaba. I binned my spektrum radio and never looked back. Still trying to figure out how to set it up on the new 4pls. This TX is way more complicated than my 3pv. Not sure the complicated TX's are for me.??‍♂️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks