Bobby’s W5 max pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been running this female dog on road. Took out the rear lsd because it was making the truck really loose with on power corner exit and reinstalled the planetary diff. Swapped the 21 tooth pinion for a 23 and maybe could go up to 24. Bonehead front upper chassis brace installed. This obr 34 is a rocket ship on road3506ED11-DD33-461C-B39E-46BE4E4EAC60.jpeg1A6B6BCE-C85D-43B9-AF8A-7FD993B27050.jpeg

Alright so I’m at an impasse, I’m looking at the difference between my current w5 and the ultimate and I’m a long way off. To get the rest of the stuff I would want for added adjustability and reducing the minimal slop even more I’m looking at $1500 or more most likely. The 2 other options are just be happy with the rig as is or buy an ultimate then swap over everything I need and sell the roller that’s left for as much as I can. The last option is the cheapest besides doing nothing.🤷‍♂️🤔

Time for routine maintenance. Most likely will be rebuilding the shocks, changing out all the rubber and bearings, rebuilding the diffs, cleaning and polishing all the hinge pins and replacing the a arms and hubs. I may or may not be getting it ready to move onto a new home🤦‍♂️0CD09A34-EEAE-4590-BE52-77C70309E250.jpeg

Starting working on the front clip. For some reason the grime from running on road feels worse than off road. The whole rig is coated with this oily sand texture. The more I get into it the more stuff needs to come apart. So far almost every pin and hinge pin is sanded down and needs to be replaced and basically every bearing has been at the point where it needed to be replacedCC286065-1F9F-48CB-B892-1C776E2DDD02.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks