Bobby’s W5 max pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have bleeder caps on those fancy shocks?.. I'm curious, wouldn't over filling the shocks help with the 'pack' your trying to achieve? Or would that just cause inconsistency in the performance?
The bleeder is internal. It’s a very foreign setup I’ll get more pics when I tackle it tomorrow

Ok here’s how its done.
Fill the fluid to about 10mm below the top.

ADBFAA91-4D7B-4AC3-BD89-7AB602A0FE40.jpeg

push the floating piston down 8mm from top of floating piston to top of the cylinder.

803BE7D0-785D-4D8C-A0F5-AC64F790E083.jpeg

Insert bleed screw then push internal spring into the groove and close the shock.

182D6913-C79A-41B2-ACE1-6156ACF5B856.jpegE3B488D6-4B57-4C6B-ABFA-731585057120.jpeg1D961AE8-88DF-4E24-BEAB-54951B04A995.jpeg

Also on the shock collar is a spot to mark which hole piston is in the shock. Cool feature because I will forget🤣

mounted up the shocks went one mounting location towards the inside on the front and went one down on the rear but moved the shock mounting location on the arms out towards the wheel.

3D6E4485-C00E-4AF6-90A5-BADA4081C975.jpegE537B5D9-B4D2-44C0-AE99-8C58D5147E20.jpeg
Shock collar in the rear is set to 18mm down and 10mm in the front. This will almost certainly change when I get the rig back together and adjust ride height.

Jim is back together besides the rear which is waiting for a few parts from cardinal42D85DA1-8B56-46D1-86C4-807DC5B8B2D8.jpeg
That is fancy🤔
It’s definitely something. I’m not smart enough to know whether they work better or not but I do know they cost more🤣
now I’m at the difficult part I’m dealing with an engine issue that was keeping the truck sidelined on race day. I’d hit full throttle and it would respond very delayed then when it did accelerate it would only hit about 50% rpms for a few seconds then randomly go to full Rpms. Then sometimes when I would hit the brake then let off the brake it would accelerate on its own. It would do this all very randomly and intermittently until it would shut off. I changed the spark plug on race day, then yesterday reset the coil gap and inspected inside the cylinder for scoring and tightened all screws yo make sure there was no air leaks. Just now when I went to go turn on the truck it was completely dead. I opened up the battery tray and wiggled some wires and power turned on🤔 again it would cut out randomly. I guess I need to take the electronics tray out again and do some more detective work. Hoping these two issues are related. If I’m still having engine issues after I fix the electronics then I will tear apart the carb and see if it needs a rebuild.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Jim is back together besides the rear which is waiting for a few parts from cardinalView attachment 75855

It’s definitely something. I’m not smart enough to know whether they work better or not but I do know they cost more🤣
now I’m at the difficult part I’m dealing with an engine issue that was keeping the truck sidelined on race day. I’d hit full throttle and it would respond very delayed then when it did accelerate it would only hit about 50% rpms for a few seconds then randomly go to full Rpms. Then sometimes when I would hit the brake then let off the brake it would accelerate on its own. It would do this all very randomly and intermittently until it would shut off. I changed the spark plug on race day, then yesterday reset the coil gap and inspected inside the cylinder for scoring and tightened all screws yo make sure there was no air leaks. Just now when I went to go turn on the truck it was completely dead. I opened up the battery tray and wiggled some wires and power turned on🤔 again it would cut out randomly. I guess I need to take the electronics tray out again and do some more detective work. Hoping these two issues are related. If I’m still having engine issues after I fix the electronics then I will tear apart the carb and see if it needs a rebuild.🤷‍♂️
You named it Jim? 😂
Anyways, good luck, I would imagine the problem to be something electronic

I like them for their engineering too, but it's a way to overcomplicated design for me and my needs, but they are the best if you want a fully tuneable rig for racing.
i should get the Out Law instead of the W5 :ROFLMAO: since i love to rip the only thing i like to race is quarter mile street race for $$$ back when i was young:ROFLMAO:

Or buy @misterleon 's hybrid if he sells it and put your 71 in it if it will swap🤔
if he sell it i will buy it :love:
What are peoples opinion on optimum engine engine size for a W5, is 46 enough or would a 50gt be best all round.
if it is an ultimate then 65 supreme will be fine, 50 GT too much torque will end up like mine super 71
Speaking from a guy with absolutely no experience with big bores I say a 46🤣🤣
now you tell me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks