Broke my losi before i even got it started :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOC_Mackey84

So.. it's been about 8 years since I touched a 1/5 scale and my last one was a Baja knock off from roven. Received my losi 5ive today in the mail unboxed it swapped out the spektrum with my futaba RX, and installed a kill switch, mixed up the fuel filled her up, pulled the starter several times with the choke down..... like more than 5 times maybe.. placed the choke up pulled and now I cant even pull the starter anymore. So I removed the spark plug and absolutely no fuel came out and I was still unable to pull the starter.. what did I do wrong? And how do I fix this issue? Did I break it already?! Thanks.

So.. it's been about 8 years since I touched a 1/5 scale and my last one was a Baja knock off from roven. Received my losi 5ive today in the mail unboxed it swapped out the spektrum with my futaba RX, and installed a kill switch, mixed up the fuel filled her up, pulled the starter several times with the choke down..... like more than 5 times maybe.. placed the choke up pulled and now I cant even pull the starter anymore. So I removed the spark plug and absolutely no fuel came out and I was still unable to pull the starter.. what did I do wrong? And how do I fix this issue? Did I break it already?! Thanks.

I am not saying that in getting smart ,heck ,it could be some thing simple ,but ,If you bought it new ,an they cost a lot ,
I wouldnt stand a chance to mess up the warranty ,I would send it back for an exchange!....(y)

I actually purchased it from an ebay seller... I mean I didn't screw up by pulling the starter too many times and just flood the engine right?

I actually purchased it from an ebay seller... I mean I didn't screw up by pulling the starter too many times and just flood the engine right?

Is the engine locked up ,possibly ,it had a little kick back ,an the starter locked up ,try pulling the start off an see if
the engine will turn by hand!

Just emailed the seller to see what they say. Hopefully I get this fixed or get a new one.. thanks for your replies guys. Learned my lesson on buying stuff on ebay to bypass taxes ?

Just emailed the seller to see what they say. Hopefully I get this fixed or get a new one.. thanks for your replies guys. Learned my lesson on buying stuff on ebay to bypass taxes ?

Ebay has a money back guarantee and so does Paypal if you used it.
BTW Never pull more than 2 pulls with the choke on or you'll flood it.

You probably did.
See above.

Last edited:
I did the same thing with one of the cars I bought. I freaked out first though. I'm trying to remember what I did to fix.
First take out spark plug. Then make sure your choke IS OPEN.
I think I tilted the car with carb air intake filter pointing down and let it sit for awhile. Then slowly try to pull start.
If won't pull leave it for awhile.
I honestly don't fully remember but ,I was ready to call the guy and complain.
I'm fairly certain it just needs time for fuel to drain/evaporate out. I may have loosened gas cap also and just let it sit. I know it feels literally like it's vapor/ locked up solid.
Also I put in New spark plug and it worked. I think the problem was thinking you had choke off when it was on,constant starting with no way to release the extra fuel/cylinder pressure.
I hope this helps,just don't panic like I did.
I found it.
Follow this video. I missed some points. Now I remember,of course?
Here's the vid, I think helped me back then.
------------- Instructions -------------
So.
1- Take spark plug out.
2- Take off air filter.
3- open choke fully.
4- hold/brace throttle fully open
5- pull starter fast several time to blow out out extra gas.
6- Install New spark plug if you have.
Or thoroughly clean and dry out old plug.
Try to start,remember to make sure of choke position.
If done right, you should be brapping in no time.
I really hopes this solves your problem.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks