Broke my losi before i even got it started :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Took apart the pull start and when I turn the engine I get this. This is a brand new engine never ran (maybe) is this normal when they haven't been broken in yet?

Took apart the pull start and when I turn the engine I get this. This is a brand new engine never ran (maybe) is this normal when they haven't been broken in yet?
Yep looks like the coil dropped onto the flywheel. Loosen it and see if its easier to turn over. The resistance at one point in the turn is completely normal, it's compression, they all have that and it's actually a good thing but it also sounds like the coil dropped and is rubbing the flywheel.

Yep looks like the coil dropped onto the flywheel. Loosen it and see if its easier to turn over. The resistance at one point in the turn is completely normal, it's compression, they all have that and it's actually a good thing but it also sounds like the coil dropped and is rubbing the flywheel.
Thanks! I'll go ahead and adjust the coil when I get back home. I'm thinking maybe when taking apart the coil to install the kill switch I may have misplaced one of those plastic spacers... ? hopefully that hasn't caused any other serious damage.

Thanks! I'll go ahead and adjust the coil when I get back home. I'm thinking maybe when taking apart the coil to install the kill switch I may have misplaced one of those plastic spacers... ? hopefully that hasn't caused any other serious damage.
Yeah Definitely do install a kill switch. Also you can't just adjust the coil by eye. There's a specific gap, it's .3mm to .4mm, so you can either buy the ddm gapper tool or just buy a feeler gauge with the right size. I'm sure a auto parts store or something near you sells feeler guages!

Yeah Definitely do install a kill switch. Also you can't just adjust the coil by eye. There's a specific gap, it's .3mm to .4mm, so you can either buy the ddm gapper tool or just buy a feeler gauge with the right size. I'm sure a auto parts store or something near you sells feeler guages!
Thanks again will pick up one from the parts store. Now looking at this video I feel like such a noob idiot lol hope I can get her running by tonight!

I had been working on these types of engines for years ,I had never used a gap gauge ,I do I ball that ,I usually put the coils on
an snuggly tighten the screws were you can move the coil with a flat head screw driver ,an kind of use the tip of the screw driver
as a gauge ,for the width of the gap ,as long as it doesn't hit ,an that gap isn't too much ,about the thickness of a medium small
screw driver tip!...:cool:

Busines card works great to gap a coil??
Definitely need a the coil spacers?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks