Building large scale track in Northern Virginia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the woodbridge, va area and looking to start a club within the nova area (woodbridge, manassas, Springfield etc.). Let's get together and start up a club. I don't have a large scale truck but I run 1/10 nitro onroad and offroad. Regardless of what we run I think if we have enough people we can attempt to get a space reserved within a park for an R/C track. Please let me know if you are interested by giving me a call at 703-517-3884.

Found a better location for the track, wife did not know how huge a 5th scale track is. Plans got shot down right after cutting the rough draft in dirt, but I am working on it, Ben Lomond park has a lot of "extra" space and used to have a 1/10 course set up with a deck as a drivers stand. But plans are in the works Northern Virginia will have a 5th scale play place.

man if i was in the area i would so b there but im stationed in germany were i have yet to fine an off road track for my beast n bajas but im a iraqi vet n afghan vet also n i love have my rc cars wit me wen i deploy keeps me sane

Me to, I am in the VA National Guard and was in Iraq from 2008-2009 and I built a 1/10 scale rock crawler. RC keeps me centered but also sometimes drives me crazy..

Lost hope?

Anyone have any updates? I am just outside of Fredericksburg, VA.

I figured now is a good time to start talking tracks, spring will be here quicker than we think. With four or five months to plan, what is the best lead we have?

1/5 Scale Track Harrisonburg VA.

My son and myself are currently working on a 1/5 - 1/8 scale Track here in Harrisonburg, Virginia. We have made great progress, but likely will not have it complete until Summer of 2013. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• rctrack.jpg
    rctrack.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 57
My son and myself are currently working on a 1/5 - 1/8 scale Track here in Harrisonburg, Virginia. We have made great progress, but likely will not have it complete until Summer of 2013. Here are a few pictures.

Sounds like it will be awesome. Count me in as a regular supporter. If you ever need any manual labor or any kind of help, give me a holler.

Hello

Hi I'm Ken and I'm new to northern va... Looking to get back into 5th scale and run with some other hobbyists... How is the track coming along? How often do you get together?

any one there? im in southern md but will travel. i have an hpi baja 5 and al losi 8ight. wanna race, bash, what ever. right now im running on bay front. sand and grass but all alone. any one there? over.

hi guys. nujent from southern md. any up dates on the track??? is it still on line?? have shovels, rakes, power tools, be happy to help build, dig, whatever!!! desperately looking for a track to race on. no one around here even has rc let alone a track. i have 3.5 acres but are heavly wooded other wise i would have a track of my own. i was running on bay front but my baja took a real beating from the sand. wont be doing that any time soon. over.....

It seems like every hope for a track is lost.

Oh well, I'm going back to 1/8 brushless for the meantime, until something pans out. Anybody local, send me a pm and we will rip through dirt sometime.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks