Building large scale track in Northern Virginia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm still bummed out that with all the fields up here that we can't get something set up. There's a track out in Winchester but it is sized for 1/10th and maybe 1/8th. Tried to run my Baja but it was too big.

Spoke to the guy who started this thread about a week ago and yes the track is getting done this spring. I've seen about 15 5ive ts sold in the last 2 months as well as buying mine. So 1/5 support is going like crazy. Hobby hangar in Chantilly VA is carrying a lot of parts and upgrades for these trucks and work on the track will resume as soon as the ground dries out enough to work it.
Any of you guys have good bashing locations in Maryland or northern VA I know several guys interested.

Just got my 5ive at Christmas it's nowhere ready for racing like that and my wife would never let me go to Canada for a race. But I will be working on the truck the rest of the winter and ready to go up to 4 hrs away to race it. With so many of these around now support for the class has to be on the upswing.

I don't think the track ever panned out. When the weather permits I run on a field right here in the middle of town. About 5 or 6 acres. There was a school there. They tore the school down and now it's an empty lot. I'm in Prince Frederick Md. There is a bunch of guys that run up in Baltimore. But even for me that's a long way. The only tracks abound here are 1/10 scale electric. Going to go run with the boys in South Jersey this season.

I fly at FARCC in Thornburg and I've talked to the owners son and a track was brought up a while back but never took traction. This is the only thing keeping me from getting the Losi 5t. I don't want it to just sit there. I live in Woodbridge and it's hard enough finding a place to run my little traxxas stampede.

I've always wanted to see a track here in Northern VA for 1/5 scale. The awesome track worth noting is Adrenaline RC Racing in Winchester. However, that's an hour away for me and they don't allow 1/5 scale gassers to run. They are just too big for their track. The largest they run is 1/8th scale. If anyone has any ideas of a location or just want to meet up somewhere to bash 1/5 scale near Chantilly. I'm up for it.

Bob I.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks