Buy a New never used Losi 5t RTR or buy the 5t 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does seem much better to be able to have a designated switch for the kill switch. I’ll have to start researching spektrum radios I suppose. Thank you for the advice.

Good to know. If you and others recommend Futaba I don’t mind going that route if I won’t be disappointed. For some background, I’ve never had a nice transmitter. I’ve only ever had ‘base model’ rtr like transmitters so I am sure I would be happy with whatever. The only reason why I considered spektrum was so I could use my reciever that came with the truck.

I’m considering this set up below or a spectrum DX4C transmitter to go with my stock receiver, out of these two what do you recommend?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/futaba...INVAA_FxWI_h9P8QWeFC3eeOPRTwyG-AaApdsEALw_wcB

Something no one has mention is, that the KillerBee won’t work with the AVC that comes in your 5iveT.
You will have to deactivate it, for the kill switch to work properly.

I tried the Flysky 3ch. I felt mine had range issues because it would cut off at about 100 yards but it worked like a charm. For $35 bucks, it’s one heck of a remote. Had more options then will ever need. But the range wasn’t cutting it for me.

I upgraded to the Futaba 4PV, range wise I’m getting about 200 yards. Which I’m happy with except the cost of The 4pv was $280.

I added some lights with the extra channel on the 4pv.

Edit; That’s a good deal on the Futaba 4 PLS, it also comes with the R304SB which is great.
It’s on sale for $189, + they have a discount of $15 making it = $174

Last edited:
I have all three mentioned above. My spektrum is a dx6i. I use it for my helis. I've not found. Spektrum I like for land use. Futaba all the way for that. I do like my flysky but not as much as my futaba. And no pesky AVC issues.

AVC is kind of a waste imo. Cant use it if you are racing and it takes the sqirllyness (if thats a word) out of driving. You can dial in more or less if you want but i say don't even use it at all...its nice getting sideways around a turn sometimes...learn to feather your throttle for better control...learn the limits of the truck control wise.....you will be a better driver in the long run NOT using AVC.
Theat Flysky 3ch radio will work with the killer bee.

Posted that message in the wrong thread.
:banghead:

Sweet, remember to use codes like “ Lsf & DDM “ for small discounts when checking out.
I always order from Dave’s.

Also not sure what battery you have in the 5iveT but this one here has been great for me.

http://www.davesmotors.com/Killer-RC-7200mAh-7-4v-LiPo-RX-Battery-Pack.html

Don’t be scared to run it right now with the stock set up. Just Charge all the batteries and go have some fun. Just don’t due any range tests :LOL:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks