Can you still be into the 5th scale hobby and only have one 5th scale rc car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy some aluminum rod 1/4 dia.. Bend it over some small pipe to get the radius's that you want for what ever type of hoop you want. Drill and tap the ends for 4-40 threads or the metric equivalent. For the support bars cut to length drill and tap ends . For the end that meets the oop use a dremel to get a radius the fits the bar. Drill holes into the bar and mount the support bars . Should be stronger than that spark plug sticking up I would think.
SOLID. I'll look into this. Thanks, Bro. I'll begin by finding out where I can find 1/4 inch aluminum rods and a tap and drill set. I guess I'll also have to drill the appropriate holes into the chassis. This will be another summer project.
Thank you.

Its possible but it's hard lol. I only have 1 at the moment but want another. I've had 2-3 at one time but sold some of my others. Life gets busy and barely have time for one anyways

Attachments

• 20190617_163417.jpg
    20190617_163417.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi there just wandering if u can own 1 large scale rc and say ur in the large scale gas rc hobby
But of course, I want another. The deeper part of me would go for an FG on-road GT type racer, but due to the fact that there are no on-road rc tracks of ANY scale, the practical choice would be to shoot for something like a Losi 5ive T (or clone) as a second fifth-scale.
Buy some aluminum rod 1/4 dia.. Bend it over some small pipe to get the radius's that you want for what ever type of hoop you want. Drill and tap the ends for 4-40 threads or the metric equivalent. For the support bars cut to length drill and tap ends . For the end that meets the oop use a dremel to get a radius the fits the bar. Drill holes into the bar and mount the support bars . Should be stronger than that spark plug sticking up I would think.
I researched and found 1/4 aluminum rods at Home Depot, found a 4-40 drill and tap set on Amazon along with a mini metal vice. I examined the chassis to locate an anchor point, and decided to have the roll hoop braced to the rear shock tower. Sketch follows:
photo_editor_ds_1562429394831.jpg

Last edited:
Harold. Goddamn your vehicle is hot as hell. There is room for making it even cooler but as it stands its already great. I love when people take the time to make something really original instead of just getting a coat of hydro on their bog standard shell. I want to do something similar. If you click on my profile pic and see the fullsize you can see a work in progress on the LST in the middle.

Harold. Goddamn your vehicle is hot as hell. There is room for making it even cooler but as it stands its already great. I love when people take the time to make something really original instead of just getting a coat of hydro on their bog standard shell. I want to do something similar. If you click on my profile pic and see the fullsize you can see a work in progress on the LST in the middle.
?????

I have 3 and try to make time for each. I have a youtube channel where I try to showcase all my 1/5 gas and 1/8 nitros. It's cool to have more than 1 so that when 1 is down, you can run others while wrenching on the 1 that's down. Because it can get frustrating when your wrenching on the car and things don't go as planned and it ends up taking way longer than expected because you know have to order a different part that you weren't expecting to. It's also cool to have different types of vehicles to drive. Everyone knows the Losi 5ive B drives nothing like the baja 5b and neither drive anything like a Vekta.5.??

I have 3 and try to make time for each. I have a youtube channel where I try to showcase all my 1/5 gas and 1/8 nitros. It's cool to have more than 1 so that when 1 is down, you can run others while wrenching on the 1 that's down. Because it can get frustrating when your wrenching on the car and things don't go as planned and it ends up taking way longer than expected because you know have to order a different part that you weren't expecting to. It's also cool to have different types of vehicles to drive. Everyone knows the Losi 5ive B drives nothing like the baja 5b and neither drive anything like a Vekta.5.??
What's the name of your YouTube channel, Crucial? I'll gladly look at it and subscribe.

+1 ?? what crucial said
3 different cars all have there own characteristics driving style ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks