Can you still be into the 5th scale hobby and only have one 5th scale rc car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harold you really need a roll hoop for that thing.
Yeah, I know, but how to configure it down to the chassis is beating the hell out of me. It will HAVE to be welded in some way, but I have my technical short comings. A roll hoop will have to straddle the exhaust header pipe and down to the chassis around where the tank is. Then I have to think in terms of how I'll be able to take out the engine. There are a few technical considerations still to be worked out. In the end, I MAY have to find a local welding shop (and around here nothing is little. Everything is huge and incorporated. No neighborhood welder. Lol), and pay for some kind of service.
Until then, I'm running this car the way the old F1 drivers did--with no helmets or roll bars, and a topple away from losing their heads. Lol.
But hopefully I'll work something out soon.

Buy some aluminum rod 1/4 dia.. Bend it over some small pipe to get the radius's that you want for what ever type of hoop you want. Drill and tap the ends for 4-40 threads or the metric equivalent. For the support bars cut to length drill and tap ends . For the end that meets the oop use a dremel to get a radius the fits the bar. Drill holes into the bar and mount the support bars . Should be stronger than that spark plug sticking up I would think.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks